Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

David Payne didn't have the grades to get into Bama. I believe dmoyers is thinking of David Palmer. David Palmer was from Alabama. That game that ended in a tie was in Alabama. It was the 93 season. I remember being so mad after that game.

David Payne played defensive end in 98 at Melrose. I wasn't all that impressed with Payne. I thought the best player Melrose had that year was Dewayne Robinson. Robinson starred at Kentucky and is now in the NFL.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Payne didn't have the grades to get into Bama. I believe dmoyers is thinking of David Palmer. David Palmer was from Alabama. That game that ended in a tie was in Alabama. It was the 93 season. I remember being so mad after that game.

David Payne played defensive end in 98 at Melrose. I wasn't all that impressed with Payne. I thought the best player Melrose had that year was Dewayne Robinson. Robinson starred at Kentucky and is now in the NFL.

825464392[/snapback]

PALMER!!! Yes, that's him!! Thanks Ron...I have vague recollections and you clear them up for me...great team hahaha :ph34r:

Man, was I ever mad after that game too...reminds you of the gaffney no catch, don't it!!

Maryville better watch out on Saturday, from watching Maryville for the first time this year last Friday night, I was shocked that the team was so small, with the exception of the QB I do not see anyone who can play D-2 football must less D-1.

They do have over all above average team spead but so does Melrose. In fact I would think Melrose will be faster as a team. These two teams match up pretty well on paper, I would have to believe who ever make the most mistakes will lose this game.

Go George Quarles! and Maryville.

GO MARYVILLE i think melrose is pretty good after looking at some stats, but paper doesnt say it all.  I think they have more speed than Maryville, but Maryville has good speed and the coaching to fire that good speed up.

PS: sorry dmoyers i stoll your picture but i needed a a picture for my signiture!

825464578[/snapback]

look again buddy...

Maryville better watch out on Saturday, from watching Maryville for the first time  this year last Friday night, I was shocked that the team was so small, with the exception of the QB I do not see anyone who can play D-2 football must less D-1.

They do have over all above average team spead but so does Melrose. In fact I would think Melrose will be faster as a team. These two teams match up pretty well on paper, I would have to believe who ever make the most mistakes will lose this game.

Go George Quarles! and Maryville.

825464529[/snapback]

I disagree. Although this team is smaller than recent Maryville teams, plenty of these guys have the potential to go D-2. It wouldnt surprise me if they did.

i dont think by any means at all Maryville is the team that needs to watch out. i think papa chaos said it best inone of his earlier posts with choices A and B. and bigvikedaddy great post. thanks for all the kind words. Melrose just doesnt know what is coming for them. i hope we beat them like a red headed stepchild just so i can see their poor pitiful faces walking off the field.

Yeah I would say they are way overconfident and for once this Maryville team is not. The players know what Melrose is all about and are well aware of how good they are. I think Melrose's overconfidence will take them down. Kinda like Macbeth in Shakespeare's tragedy. Aint that right Mrs. B? :D

Sorry, I just finished writing a whole paper on it.

Edited by Somedude

Yeah I would say they are way overconfident and for once this Maryville team is not.  The players know what Melrose is all about and are well aware of how good they are.  I think Melrose's overconfidence will take them down.  Kinda like Macbeth in Shakespeare's tragedy.  Aint that right Mrs. B?  :D 

Sorry, I just finished writing a whole paper on it.

825464810[/snapback]

Rebel Raider and Somedude, Why do you think Melrose is overconfident. Are you talking about the team or some of the people posting?