Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

Man, what a team...only stopped by themsleves...c'mon man, read what you typed. Are you gonna have us believe NO TEAM stopped them on any drive all year?! So they scored every time they touched the ball or lost focus...is that what I'm reading?

Sometimes we all get a lil full of ourselves, crowing about the greatness of our program. I'm not about to try and say that we NEVER got stopped by an oppossing defense though...sorry just don't beleive that. Don't take it personal. The greatest offesne I ever saw in any football game was the 84 Bears..thyy got stopped occassionally though.

Edited by dmoyers1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what a team...only stopped by themsleves...c'mon man, read what you typed. Are you gonna have us believe NO TEAM stopped them on any drive all year?!  So they scored every time they touched the ball or lost focus...is that what I'm reading?

Sometimes we all get a lil full of ourselves, crowing about the greatness of our program.  I'm not about to try and say that we NEVER got stopped by an oppossing defense though...sorry just don't beleive that.  Don't take it personal.  The greatest offesne I ever saw in any football game  was the 84 Bears..thyy got stopped occassionally though.

825461745[/snapback]

You know what dmoyers1 when I typed that, I didn't really stand back and read it to myself as I normally do. You are right ... that was an absurb statement to make. I should have said ... 85-90% of the time when their drive is stopped ... it's self induced. I am sitting here remembering a couple of times a defense has risen to the occasion. Very few. The point I was trying to convey got through though. The offense is not inept. It is not one-demensional. Playmakers are at every position. Every WR is speedy and can break it. The QB, though he is diminitive in size ... he's very capable and dangerous. You already know about the RB. The OL is strong, quick, and powerful. Every play ... every player goes until the whistle blows. No plays off. I may have overstated their offesnsive prowess earlier ... forgive my zeal. I, however, am not overstating their offensive capabilities. The majority of the times when their drives have stalled ... it was self induced ... that's the point I was trying to convey. We fans do get carried away at times don't we?

Edited by kwc

I'll be rooting for Maryville and I think I can speak for most of the Falcon fans when I say they will too. Maryville has shown us nothing but love, its too bad we dont see you all during the season, I dont know if we could pull it off, but we would definitely give you guys a hard fought game. Hope you all show us support this Saturday just like we will you guys. Let's both represent what East Tennessee football is all about. Get 'em Maryville, from one of Fulton's faithful

I'll be rooting for Maryville and I think I can speak for most of the Falcon fans when I say they will too. Maryville has shown us nothing but love, its too bad we dont see you all during the season, I dont know if we could pull it off, but we would definitely give you guys a hard fought game. Hope you all show us support this Saturday just like we will you guys. Let's both represent what East Tennessee football is all about. Get 'em Maryville, from one of Fulton's faithful

825461876[/snapback]

Hey, GO FALCONS!!!! We rooted for you in a losing effort a couple of years ago....you can believe we will agfain!! I wish we could add you. Check out the Blount Co championship thread...I've advocated several times us droppin Heritage and WB to play you all and maybe Oak Ridge or Austin East.

Yeah, that would be awesome, talking about a game. A dynasty like Maryville playing an up and coming dynasty of Fulton. That would be awesome, I dont know about AE thou, they seem to be slipping a little bit after this year with McAllister, Harris, and Manefield gone. Hey, dont leave out the fact we won it last year, lol, that sounds better then us losing 2 years ago. Well go get 'em Maryville, most us fans will hang around a root for our fellow East Tennesseans, make sure you guys come early to help us. You pay that much for tickets, might as well see all the games. Go Alcoa too, lets just get a 2a,3a,and 4a gold ball sweep. Good luck Maryville

Yeah, that would be awesome, talking about a game. A dynasty like Maryville playing an up and coming dynasty of Fulton. That would be awesome, I dont know about AE thou, they seem to be slipping a little bit after this year with McAllister, Harris, and Manefield gone. Hey, dont leave out the fact we won it last year, lol, that sounds better then us losing 2 years ago. Well go get 'em Maryville, most us fans will hang around a root for our fellow East Tennesseans, make sure you guys come early to help us. You pay that much for tickets, might as well see all the games. Go Alcoa too, lets just get a 2a,3a,and 4a gold ball sweep. Good luck Maryville

825461926[/snapback]

Same to you :P

Can anyone tell me why Melrose does not consistently put up big points like Maryville has this year?  I mean Maryville has put up 30 or more in 12 of its 14 while Melrose has done this only 5 times.  JW?

825462021[/snapback]

From what I have gathered, they rely pretty hevily on their D. They get a lead, get comfortable and allow the D to hold onto it. Not a real good plan of attack against the Rebels, but it has worked for them so far.

No prob bud.  You were just defending your team...I just thought I might reel you in a lil bit. The air gets thin up there hahaha thumb

This sounds like the same kinda match-up we had with HillsboroHillsboro got 2 tries though and didn't get er dun...how would you say this Melrose team stacks up against those Hillsboro teams?

825461870[/snapback]

Quite honestly that's a subjective question to answer. This years Melrose team has done what the prior 2 had not ... get to the championship game. Melrose and Hillsboro are 2 different type of teams ... philosophically speaking. Hillsboro barely threw the ball ... barely. It practically took divine intervention to get the coach to call a pass play. Melrose isn't like that ... never has been. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Could THIS year's Melrose team beat LAST years Hillsboro team. Yes. Would they? ... I don't know. Could LAST years Maryville team beat LAST years Hillsboro team? Probably. But ... they didn't because Maryville was at home .... and the team that beat Maryville got mopped up by Hillsboro. Who's to say that last years Hillsboro team doesn't mop the floor with your last years team? The Hillsboro team Maryville last beat was the Hillsboro team from 2 years ago ... not last years.

What does any of this prove? Absolutely nothing. I hope that answers your question.