Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could quote the Bible here, but that may not have any effect at all. Instead I choose Michael Jackson:

No message could've been any clearer

If you want to make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself, and then make that... Change.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror,

I'm asking him to change his ways...

You gotta get it right, while you got the time

...I think that if we put the obvious idea that ole Mike could have followed his advice a little better out of the way, then we can all learn a little something from these lyrics. Trash talk is just that: talk. I'm full of it and I'm sure some of you are. So either talk smack and don't cry about someone else, or no one talk smack at all. - Looking at that sentence I really see only one option here on CoachT. About the game, I have no ties to 4A football, so I am going to give a totally uneducated prediction: Melrose by 6.

Hope you're right Raider. What am I saying...I'm sure you are. But then again, I thought that they ran a WingT till Clement set me straight on that issue last night...

825460216[/snapback]

I'm not sure you'll believe me, but I don't think their QB ran more than one or two designated plays where thr QB was supposed to run. Now, when he scrambles....get you chasing him, that is when he was dangerous.

Edited by dandy82

If you are saying that he has to get yardage on his own yall are sunk.  our ends are great contain ends and gary tucker swallows up the middle of the field, i dobt this boy will have the day that acmoney is predicting, 200 yards? you are crazy

yeah rebelyell, just ask moyers

825460127[/snapback]

RebelRaider, you have misinterpreted my comments. Let me see if I can clarify things:

I did NOT say that Cooper HAS to get yardage all on his own. I said that he DOES get a lot on his own. This does NOT mean that Melrose's OL does NOT open up holes for Cooper. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

The point is this: Melrose's OL CONSISTENTLY opens up holes for Cooper. No, they don't do it EVERY time. Nobody's OL opens up holes ALL the time (if someone says so, then they're simply not credible. They're just blowing smoke...). On those occasions when the hole is not there, then Cooper has shown an uncanny ability to pickup chunks of yards, anyway!

My original comments were intended to illustrate Coopers talents as a runner, acknowledge the competence of Melrose OL vs all types of defenses, and...to do so in an INFORMATIVE manner, without sounding boastful, arrogant, cocky, etc.

Now, will Cooper gain 200 yards VS Maryville? Frankly, I doubt it. I suspect that he will get his share of yards, though.

Here's a more important question: Who's gonna win the 4A Championship-- Melrose or Maryville?

I don't know. If the game is close, however, Maryville's kicking game will LIKELY enable them to win it. Otherwise, Melrose has more than enough skill and "weapons" on both sides of the ball to actually win it.

--TraderB

Edited by TraderB

Just a generalization from looking at the brackets, but Melrose does not have overpowering offense. Their defense is so good that they just have to score more than the other team which isn't hard because their defense is so outstanding. Dyersburg they scored 13, ridgeway they blanked 35-0, JCM they scored 14, and against WhiteHouse 20. That's 3 out of 4 close games (combined decided by 14 points, less than 5 per game). I take Melrose fans' word that we have not seen a defense like theirs, but at the same time, if theirs is best Maryville is not far behind. If Dyersburg and JCM can hold Melrose to below 20 points, I think we can too. I also think we can score more than 7 or 12 against their D respectively. Maryville had a couple close one's too, so both these teams have been in tight games the past few weeks. I think the Maryville Defense wins this one while the Offense does what they always do. If we can score 4 td's plus the pat's Maryville will win, in my humble opinion.

i think Maryville can pull this one out, and i dont think 4 TDs will be a problem, i doubt we will have 6 but i think 4 is manageable. their offense has to have a weakness somehwere not to have scored lots of points against those teams, not saying they are bad, just saying they arent Maryville's defense. if there is a fault somewhere you know Jim Gaylor will be on top of it. I think MHS will win this one by 10 points at least.

RebelRaider:

I double-checked the title of this thread. Thanks for staying on topic, especially your comments about the other coach.

i think Maryville can pull this one out, and i dont think 4 TDs will be a problem, i doubt we will have 6 but i think 4 is manageable.  their offense has to have a weakness somehwere not to have scored lots of points against those teams, not saying they are bad, just saying they arent Maryville's defense.  if there is a fault somewhere you know Jim Gaylor will be on top of it.  I think MHS will win this one by 10 points at least.

825460940[/snapback]