District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rutledge loses a nail-biter 63-62...

Had to foul Grigsby with about 15 seconds left and he missed the front end of the bonus, but Chandler got the rebound and made both.

Solomon had a decent look on a three to send it to overtime, but missed and the rebound basket just cut the lead to one.

The seeds are:

1. SG 12-4

2. C-D 11-5

3. Rutledge 10-6 (drew 1)

4. PF 10-6 (drew 2)

5. CG 10-6 (drew 7)

6. UC 8-8

7. Claiborne 7-9

8. G-P 4-12

9. WG 0-16

After this season...this tournament ought to be one really great event.

Congrats to SG for a good win tonight. If PF could hit their free throws it could have been a different out come. All I can say is this district tournament will be a great one.

825562473[/snapback]

If Sgt. Carter (Killion) hadn't made three bogus 5 second calls on SG last night, the outcome would have never been in doubt in the first place. Furthermore, PF shot better from the Free Throw Line last night than I have seen them shoot in some time. SG just wanted it a little more. One thing believe could have changed the outcome of the game though is if PF could get a few more guys to perform on their dance team! Come On! Seriously! Not only did they have a guy on the dance team, the dude couldn't event dance!

I will have to say that I believe that SG and PF are the two best teams in the conference. I am not sure how the brackets will look, but I do believe they will be in the same bracket, which is a shame. These two teams should be in the finals together. One last comment! Thanks to PF for hanging their Championshiop Banner on the wall last night before the game. The fact that they hung it while SG's boys were sitting their watching just added the hunger the Rebels needed to take the district title. Thanks goes out to PF.

If Sgt. Carter (Killion) hadn't made three bogus 5 second calls on SG last night, the outcome would have never been in doubt in the first place.  Furthermore, PF shot better from the Free Throw Line last night than I have seen them shoot in some time.  SG just wanted it a little more.  One thing believe could have changed the outcome of the game though is if PF could get a few more guys to perform on their dance team!  Come On!  Seriously!  Not only did they have a guy on the dance team, the dude couldn't event dance!

825562890[/snapback]

The officials were bad on both ends of the ball. They made just as many bad calls on Pigeon Forge as they did South Greene. I believe if more guys on the floor would score when they had the ball other than Allen then it would have opened up the game more for him. SG did a great job the 2nd half keeping him from scoring from the 3 point area.

Whether a student (male or female) is on the dance team is really irrelevant to this thread or how the team played. At least he is doing something he likes instead of getting on a forum and making fun of others. Grow up.

That's a good way to get this thread closed for your childish attitude. If you don't have anything positive to say about a student, then please don't post on this thread anymore so we can continue with this thread that has carried us thru the season. thumb

If we've learned nothing else this season it's that their is no best team in this district. You'd think just by seeing that no less than four teams could've got a piece of the regular season title going into the last game would tell you that.

And Hoosier...for you to complain about Killion's calling after he's bailed SG out so many other times is crazy. He's probably kept the Rebels in some games they should've lost big time.

I think that one of the most unfortunate matchups in the first round is between PF and CG. Both teams have so much talent and potential that it will be a shame to see one of them have to go home so soon. However...it will make for a very good game... thumb

I think though that the win will go to CG..they still have something to prove after being picked one of the preseason favorites and finishing 5th in the regular season.