District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

my prediction is:

Gatlinburg over West Greene with ease

South Greene over GP

Cumberland Gap beaten Pigeon Forge in a battle to the finish

Claiborne beats Chuchkey Doak by containing king to the end

Rutledge rolls over Union

then Cumberland Gap beats South Greene because I have watched Cumberland Gap when they beat Chuckey after they got stomped on by them at their house. they should come into this district lookin to gain some respect.

I believe Rutledge will beat Claiborne as long as they contain estes and nickel cause from what I have seen of claiborne those are their only players that are big time scorers.

But like I said I really think Cumberland Gap is going to come with some revenge in mind after rutledge beat them all over the place at their house. I look for Cumberland Gap to win it, that is if they play like they showed they could at CD and different times this year. They have a lot of talent, when they use it. The only thing I dont quite understand is their big man. He is the biggest man out there and yet he fades away and shoves when all he has to do is turn around and put the ball in the hole. I might be goin on a wild shot here, but I think Cumberland Gap can pull it off if they come to play.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I want Pigeon Forge to win it all, but you have to throw the season out the window when it tournament time. I think any of the top 5 teams could walk away from it.

Think about it, I know I have heard people say at our gym " we have CG first game" but I believe there are few CG fans saying " we PF first game" as well. Other than the close one with South Greene PF boys are still playing good and tonight against Cocke County they played with all seniors starting and playing most of the game (Senior Night). This was not our regular rotation and still got it done.

CG won at home and got beat at our house, so who has the advantage? No home court, just pure gritt and who ever wants it bad enough. I think this is what make district 2AA so good. Most the teams are equal and there is no one team that is dominate.

Good Luck to all and may the best "Tiger" :D team win.

Edited by jgarrison

Warriorbball,

I don't think 2AA is weak but it is balanced. Any of the top 7 teams could win the tournament and #8 seed GP is no piece of cake. I believe South Greene can play with any of the teams from 1AA. Cumberland Gap has probably the best material of any team in the District but they have been inconsistent. Chuckey, Pigeon, and Rutledge are all capable.

Only time will tell, but 1AA has the advantage by making 2AA travel all the way to Unicoi. 2AA has always tried to host in Morristown to cut down on travel for the other district. Maybe they will pay them back next year.

No teeam should have homecourt advantage in the District or Regionals.

Edited by boxn1

Only time will tell, but 1AA has the advantage by making 2AA travel all the way to Unicoi.  2AA has always tried to host in Morristown to cut down on travel for the other district.  Maybe they will pay them back next year.

No teeam should have homecourt advantage in the District or Regionals.

825566899[/snapback]

I think if T$$AA is going set the guide line for the size of gym you have to have for hosting District or Regional games then they should also help fund the schools to get a bigger gym. The only schools big enough to host now is

Chuckey Doak (new)

Cumberland Gap (new)

Claiborne County (new)

Union County

2 years ago it was just Union County, maybe Claiborne not sure of the old gyms size.

I agree when it comes to District or regional or Sub State even Make it neutral

But hey, the T$$AA is a joke of an organization anyway, we have all seen the same type of rule, it's called communism. :lol:

Edited by jgarrison

Let me knock around a few things:

I don't believe for one minute that 2-AA is weak or weaker than 1-AA. The top 3 teams in 1-AA basically beat up on each other much like the top 5 teams in 2-AA did. The 1-AA top 3 did take care of business with the other 5 teams, which is better than you can say for some of the top 5 in 2-AA.

Now having said that, I think that there will be one team from each district in the region final again just like last season. 1-AA would probably win that since it's on a 1-AA school's home floor...I wouldn't even go against Unicoi in that possibility even though they have lost to Central twice and split with the Valley.

As far as head to head, it's difficult to compare simply because most of the schools in the Watauga won't schedule regional non-conference contests with any schools except the Greene Co. teams which have been part of and will be part of the Watauga. I know this because having talked to Coach Combs at Rutledge, he's tried to get a home-and-home with some teams up there but they don't want to play ball...pun intended... ;)

Now...I feel like all tournament sites should be neutral. Morristown is a good semi-centralized location for the 2-AA tournament. East's gym is bigger than West's, but East has a new principal and he doesn't want to fool with that kind of thing. Now next year when we say adios to the Greene Co. schools I would hope the tournament can go back to Knox Halls like it has been before because that is neutral and it's fair. The only other location I might feel the same way about is South-Doyle because of G-P and PF having to drive all that way to North Knox County when the other 4 schools are within 45 minutes...I guess...how far is it from Arthur to Halls Crossroads anyway? :lol:

For that matter, it could rotate between Halls and South-Doyle...that'd be alright.

As far as tournament picks...well I've been working on that a little bit, but I feel like SG and PF are in a bad bracket with CG in the 5 spot...they're dangerous there but you have to wonder how much of a mental strain the 25-point loss to the Pioneers in the Panthers' district regular season finale holds over into the tournament.

Rutledge and C-D both have chances to avenge their season-ending losses in the first round...and I think that they both will.

I'm not sold on the fact that G-P will roll over and play dead for SG...that's a game that can be really sticky...4 o'clock tip on Tuesday...depends on who is more ready at that time of day.

Regardless, it'll be one doozy of a tournament.

Edited by KevB1990

I also agree that this tournament is one to get excited about and look forward to...there is a lot of good basketball to be played next week. As far as picks..I look to see Cumberland Gap in the finals, if not winning the whole thing. Yes, they have been inconsistent throughout the course of the season but with the experience on the team and leadership from the seniors I believe that they will make a good run at the end of the season.

kev, hv and uc both have played cd twice or are scheduled to play them twice this year. hv plays them tonight, but the other 3 games havent been close. right now, i think the best two teams in the region are hv and central, followed by sg, pf, uc, and cg. rutledge and cd are in there as well as volunteer.

PF beat county rival Seymour last night @ Seymour in a great game 58-54.  Andrews was too much to handle pouring in 24, DeWyse added 20 for the Tigers.  Great non-conference win on the road.

825568767[/snapback]

Was that the worst officiating you have ever seen? Can you believe they gave Allen a technical. I thought we had bad officials in our area, but man those guys take the prize.