District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

may i second the magical uncchapelhill's congratulations to CG tonight on the big win over pigeon forge. not a time to gloat or even THINK about being in the clear however, with the upset of union county over rutledge, it paves the way for Claiborne to the championship game. With like coach58 stated, a BIG amount of most of all HEART....CG will pull off the upset over South Greene...and meet the all-time rival of Claiborne in the championship. makes for an EXCELLENT tournament...but good job CG boys keep this up.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pv, i do agree with you on one thing, tyler sauceman is a great player, however, to say that allens name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with mvp is clearly wrong. allen is a great player and what he has done at pfhs the last four years has been great, he lead his team to district and region championships and a sub-state game, right past sauceman at south greene. if you really look at this year, pigeon forge did a great job after losing SIX seniors who all played huge roles on the team, allen is the only player on this years team to play valuable minutes at all last year. put allen on south greenes team this year and he wouldnt have shinned just like tyler. these two are both great players, lets congratulate these high school kids (thats what a lot of people forget about) and not slam one or the other.

Congrats to CG and all of Tues. winners. CG was the better team last night and played with more intensity and heart than they did in the first two meetings. Congrats to PF on a wonderful year. Tough to lose 6 seniors and respond the way you did.

pv, you seem to be the only person on this board that has negative comments, grow up and learn how to support your team without bashing 15, 16, 17 year old KIDS. Remember these young men work very hard and sacrifice a lot in order to compete and represent their communities in high school athletics.

Thanks bball 35 for the positive comments

As for the upsets HVgal, I don't think there is any such thing in 2AA. If you have followed all year, you would know that 1-8 in this league are about as equal as any district can be.

Once again, Congrats to all and good luck to 2AA in the Region.

I think if T$$AA is going set the guide line for the size of gym you have to have for hosting District or Regional games then they should also help fund the schools to get a bigger gym. The only schools big enough to host now is

Chuckey Doak (new)

Cumberland Gap (new)

Claiborne County (new)

Union County

2 years ago it was just Union County, maybe Claiborne not sure of the old gyms size.

I agree when it comes to District or regional or Sub State even Make it neutral

But hey, the T$$AA is a joke of an organization anyway, we have all seen the same type of rule, it's called communism. ;)

825566921[/snapback]

I agree about TSSAA, but strongly disagree about "neutral" sites. I think of them as "DISINTRESTED SITES".

You never get much crowd support at neutral sites because the local folks have very little interest in the outcomes. As long as the officials are neutral, I would rather be in the middle of a loud opposing crowd than NO crowd.

I have really been disappointed with the crowd size a Morristown West. I doesn't matter about the gym capacity when only 500 rotatating fans come in to watch 1 game each. The crowd seems larger at times, but some are waiting for their team to dress and leave from the previous game, and others are finding a seat to wait for the next game.

I hope that enough people notice the poor attendance to move it to a D2AA site in the years ahead. The same "travel" fans that show up in Morristown would have gone to Chucky-Doak, Gatlinburg, or Harrogate. I'm certain that more "home only" fans would have shown up at any of those remote sites.

I agree Gloryseeker about the MVP of this district.  Crockett and King have both had super seasons and are just as worthy as the other two of receiving the MVP award.  Who decides on this award and the All District Teams?  Sounds political to me.

It might also serve as motivation that the Pigeon Forge Coach said after the South Greene game that no one in the district could guard Dewyse.  That is a bold comment!

825577154[/snapback]

Barry Brooks proved that he can guard Allen, and he's not even a starter!

LOL just joking about the starter part. Barry plays 6th man better than anyone I've see this season. He knows his role, and TOUGH defense is a big part of it.

I hope some scouts get to see Barry at his best in the days ahead. He could end up with a ride from a small school looking for a team player with a lot of heart.

Edited by The Sports Guy

i have followed the district all year and yes those are upsets. a lower seeded team beating a higher seeded team is an upset, no matter if its 5 over 4 or 8 over 1. talent-wise, these games might not have been upsets, but seeding wise they were

825580949[/snapback]

It all depends on how the seeding is determined. If a tie is broken by looking at head-to-head, common opponents, and overall record, you have a point.

When numbers are drawn from a hat, I can't see that 3 and 4 are any better than 5.

Edited by The Sports Guy

So Allen Dewyse is the co MVP i DO NOT AGREE with this Sauceman is by far the best player around anywhere, Allen's name doesn't even belong in the same sentence as MVP, Dewyse will have to really show me something before i say that he is the MVP  or even co mvp.and whoever said that nobody in the district can guard dewyse that a pile of crap. dewyse and his team will be lucky to make it out of the first round.so cya later dewyse somebody has to go home cryin.

825579317[/snapback]

Opinions are just opinions, and instead of giving mine I will quote some players I have talked to about the subject.

All teams think they have the best player as a rule, but I have asked several players from various teams who they dread the most among Allen Dewyse, Tyler Sauceman, Javan Crockett, and Michael King.

Crockett, DeWyse, Sauceman, then King in that order, have been the most answers.

Edited by The Sports Guy

may i second the magical uncchapelhill's congratulations to CG tonight on the big win over pigeon forge.  not a time to gloat or even THINK about being in the clear however, with the upset of union county over rutledge, it paves the way for Claiborne to the championship game.  With like coach58 stated, a BIG amount of most of all HEART....CG will pull off the upset over South Greene...and meet the all-time rival of Claiborne in the championship.  makes for an EXCELLENT tournament...but good job CG boys keep this up.

825580394[/snapback]

The Rebels swept the Panthers, and the Patriots swept the Bulldogs in regular season. Sooooo....., since this is D2AA, it's very likely that 1 & 2 could be from Claiborne County when the dust settles.

It's Gut Check time!

Why is this thread getting smaller in pages? Is someone deleting posts?

Great week of BBall. It just goes to show you in District 2AA it could be anybody, anytime. I hope we sweep the Region, not likely, but hey this is District 2AA ANYTHING can happen.

Good luck to the remaining teams, Stay healthy and safe.

Sports Guy...good statements in your posts. It seems that you might be a follower of CG basketball, and I am very happy to see you on here! thumb I agree with your assessment on Brooks playing tough defense. Since the strategy worked against PF do you think they will play much the same way against SG?

Tonight's matchups are likely to be some very good ones. CG lost by 2 and 3 to South Greene this season, but if they play the way that they did Tuesday night against PF then they should come out victorious in this one. Just expect a well played game from both teams. As for Claiborne and Union County....I think that one is up in the air. In our district, anything seems to be possible.