Mr. Football

purpletigers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the cold hard truth is that Turner had more people covering him this year than George W. Bush.  He got those yards in spite of being double and TRIPLE teamed.  Ask any coach that prepared his team to play Goodpasture.  You had to be VERY aware of your coverage at all times.  The fact that his numbers were what they were with the limited cast he had around him this year is amazing.  Only a great player garners that much attention. Even though I coach in Metro, I have seen him play several times and know he is the real deal.  There is a reason he is ranked #1.  Don't let jealousy blind you.

825459259[/snapback]

and you don't think that Boo or any other nominee wasn't double or triple teamed??...give me a break these players didn't get nominated because they stood around and everyone gave them their yardage...these players wore a bulls-eye in every game they played....but we all know its a popularity contest dont kid yourself...But next year Boo should be a shoe-in and Donald will be a finalist....congrats to everyone one who won....this discussion is not to take anything away from the winners...we are just talking about the unfairness of the whole process.

Edited by tamirrt

and you don't think that Boo or any other nominee wasn't double or triple teamed??...give me a break these players didn't get nominated because they stood around and everyone gave them their yardage...these players wore a bulls-eye in every game they played....but we all know its a popularity contest dont kid yourself...But next year Boo should be a shoe-in and Donald will be a finalist....congrats to everyone one who won....this discussion is not to take anything away from the winners...we are just talking about the unfairness of the whole process.

825459482[/snapback]

As a Tyner fan Turner is that good. Any kid who can choose from Southern Cal, Miami, or Texas, as their school of choice is just better than everyone else.

There are definitely politics involved but all the guys who won should be congratulated. Media coverage has alot to do with it. Some of the guys that aren't Seniors can say that is the reason they didn't win and stuff like that. But overall, it'd hard to argue with the stats the winners put up. Herndon, the 3A winner, is from my hometown and I played with him for 2 years until I graduated, and I can vouch for him that there is not a harder working young man than himself. I'm sure some deserving athletes got left off but that should be a reason to work harder and prove those people wrong. Anyways, congratulations to all the winners and nominees.