Attendance at the games

treefitty74

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching the games on T.V.,I would say the numbers were about right,or maybe a little high.

825468500[/snapback]

Since you weren't there that makes sense...

There were many more people than what the announced attendance on the TSSAA website had....

I would say there were at least 11,500 or 12,000 at the 5A game.....Melrose probably had 4500 by themselves and Maryville had more than they did...

Those announced attendance numbers are what you see at home games of your favorite local team....

I believe those numbers are based on paid attendance and judged by the numbers that come through the turnstile during particular time perids. There are a lot of passes issued (coaches and players from non-participating teams, corporate sponsor passes, etc.) that aren't counted in the paid admission. When you factor those in the crowd was probably bigger than listed.

I was in attendance for all of the games with the exception of the 5A game, and those numbers don't look too far off to me. I've been in Murfreesboro for the last 6 Blue Cross Bowls. The crowd this year was bigger than last, primarily in my opionion, because the weather was so much better. Last year it was bitter cold and snow flurries. During the day Friday and yesterday it was sunny and perfect for football. Friday night and last night did get cool, but it wasn't bitter cold like a year ago.

Edited by HTV

I think those numbers are skewed thats even with the number of passes given out. I was smack dab in the middle of Melrose's section and they had 4,000 to 5,000 peopl and Maryville at least matched that number. The 5A game had to have more cause the Franklin section was jam packed. I think the TSSAA may use these nu,bers to raise prices some how, you newver know with them.

I think those numbers are skewed thats even with the number of passes given out. I was smack dab in the middle of Melrose's section and they had 4,000 to 5,000 peopl and Maryville at least matched that number. The 5A game had to have more cause the Franklin section was jam packed. I think the TSSAA may use these nu,bers to raise prices some how, you newver know with them.

825468910[/snapback]

We'll have to dissagree on this one. I was sitting in on the Maryville side looking directly at the home side. I'm no fan of the current TSSAA administration, but I don't believe that they would intentionally under report the crowd size. What reason could they possibly have to do that?