Dateline Special: Shelbyville Eaglettes

showtime7

It was a great show! All 4 girls that were spotlighted were adorable and did an excellent job speaking on the show. I was expecting a program about how Coach Insell had built his 'empire' but that was not the case. Good luck to these 4 young ladies. The personal protrayal of Coach Insell showed a hard but caring coach well respected and loved by his girls. This is probably the biggest reason for his sucess. The building of hte 'empire' would be an excellent idea for NBC in the future. Who do we call?

Edited by acess

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great show!  All 4 girls that were spotlighted  were adorable and did an excellent job speaking on the show.  I was expecting a program about how Coach Insell had built his 'empire' but that was not the case.  Good luck to these 4 young ladies.  The personal protrayal of Coach Insell showed a hard but caring coach well respected and loved by his girls.  This is probably the biggest reason for his sucess.  The building of hte 'empire' would be an excellent idea  for NBC in the future.  Who do we call?

825498488[/snapback]

blotime :)

How anyone could watch that show and make a negative comment about the kids, the probram or the coach is beyond me. It has to represent true jealously at its highest. That is so sad.

The people at the national news level don't play. They came and watched and interviewed and looked under every rock and asked every question possible for an entire season. They then edited and viewed and reviewed to present the program they they perceived to be as it is. Is Coach Insell tough on his kids, you bet, is he overbearing sometime, oh yes, does he love and care about his kids, was there a shread of doubt?????? He is just like all of us, we have some good points and some bad but he definately cares about his kids and there is no doubt that they know it.

From someone that was an active part of the program for 18 years, you now know what I've known for all that time. Thanks Dateline for telling the truth. thumb

It is amazing to me how a show that good about 4 girls basketball players and how they are handling some tough times in their lives.  This show was not about Rick Insell.  If you dont like him that is fine put in on another thread, this thread is for discussing the show.

825497788[/snapback]

i agree, the ladies from shelbyville have had great success, and this is a great show.

I missed the show, but hopefully it'll air some other time. I have personal experience with Coach Insell, and I have to say that I've never had more respect for anyone else in my entire life. You guys really got to see the how it all works. So, next time someone feels like bashing Shelbyville because you think they recruit or run up the score, think again. They're real people just like you and me.

From what I saw, Coach Insell is a tough AND caring coach (he said, "I'd rather have Sam pass her math competency test than win a state title"). The girls featured really did appear to feel the weight of a competent mentor that pushes them to their limits...kind of like real life. And in the end they were State Champions! Great story. ESPN should pick it up (don't they already have a feature they call "The Season?"). I was very impressed with 'little' Sam. How did God put such a big heart in such a small body? Oh yeah, one more thing: Jealousy really doesn't accomplish much, unless you're the one that's jealous! :lol:

I'm not going to lower myself to that level. I just find it very sad that you would have to insert all the negativity and jealousy in this thread.

825498866[/snapback]

There have been legitimate questions asked on this board for several years, and instead of replying, the Shelbyville defenders just shout back "liar", "jealous" or "look at the rings." If honest and well thought-out answers could be given abou transfers (my question was how contact is initiated), maybe the bickering would end. I didn't see the show, but it sounds good maybe it will repeat but I don't ever remember any of the news programs (60 minutes, etc) showing twice.