My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

Seems like this match is the talk of the town here in Nashville. I will be in attendance tonight and fully expect to see a good match. Does anyone have any perdictions? I wonder if Sommers will come to the match or not. If we are lucky enough will Walkenvol show up also! I sure look forward to watching these two teams get after it. Good luck to both schools!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like this match is the talk of the town here in Nashville.  I will be in attendance tonight and fully expect to see a good match.  Does anyone have any perdictions?  I wonder if Sommers will come to the match or not.  If we are lucky enough will Walkenvol show up also!  I sure look forward to watching these two teams get after it.  Good luck to both schools!

825541453[/snapback]

Please post results for those of us who are not in Nashville. Thanks.

In one of the best wrestling matches these eyes have ever seen, here are the unofficial results:

171 - Bateman ® def. Turk -- Injury default (Turk's shoulder popped out while he was fighting off a pin in the second period). Ryan 6-0

189 - Jacques (M) def. Garrett -- 10-4 (Jacques pulled away in third). Ryan 6, MBA 3

215 - C. Riley ® def. Swett -- 16-7 (After close first period, Riley dominated the final two). Ryan 10, MBA 3

275 - A. Riley (M) def. Dempsey -- pin 5:00 (low-scoring match prior to pin with less than a minute remaining in third). Ryan 10, MBA 9

103 - Francis (M) def. Griffith -- 6-4 (very even match). MBA 12, Ryan 10

112 - Simpson (M) def. Forte -- pin 3:00 (John Mike is gaining momentum for state). MBA 18, Ryan 10

119 - Yager ® def. MBA kid (Bellet or Deutsch) -- pin 4:15 (Pat Simpson's gamble to move Whitt up paid off big time). MBA 18, Ryan 16

125 - Dunning ® def. MBA kid (Bellet or Deutsch) -- pin :29 (never even broke a sweat -- I'm convinced he woulda pinned everyone through 160). Ryan 22, MBA 18

130 - Oddo ® def. Bradley -- 10-6 (Oddo controlled neutral, but couldn't do much once on top). Ryan 25, MBA 18

135 - MBA kid (Nutkis or McKeithan) def. Walsh -- 8-6 (MBA very nearly pinned in this match). Ryan 25, MBA 21

140 - Morales ® def. Hall -- 3-2 (Easily the match of the night. Tied 1-1 with less than 30 seconds left and with the wrestlers in neutral, Hall was given a point after Morales illegally slammed him into the mat. Down 2-1 with the clock winding, Morales shot and got around for two with the clock showing :01. Place goes bananas). Ryan 28, MBA 21

145 - Bellet (M) def. Murphy -- pin 3:00 (Huge momentum shift here as Bellet got the rally started with a pin. Place continued going bananas throughout the whole match). Ryan 28, MBA 27

152 - Shillinglaw (M) def. Goodrum -- pin 3:50 (definitely MBA's biggest win as Shillinglaw gets the pin, forcing Ryan to pin to win in the last match. With so many people going bananas, Chiquita shoulda worked out a sponsorship for the night). MBA 33, Ryan 28

160 - Mayo ® def. Tate -- 12-3 (Mayo works cradle twice, middle of the mat, with :30 seconds left in first period and again with :45 seconds left in second. Willed by the student section chanting his name, Tate stays off his back, sending the MBA side into bedlam. Unbelievable finish to an unbelievable match). MBA 33, Ryan 32.

Match was well reffed (Bowler and J. Simpson) and both crowds behaved themselves. Here's hoping to a rematch in Clarksville.

In one of the best wrestling matches these eyes have ever seen, here are the unofficial results:

171 - Bateman ® def. Turk -- Injury default (Turk's shoulder popped out while he was fighting off a pin in the second period). Ryan 6-0

189 - Jacques (M) def. Garrett -- 10-4 (Jacques pulled away in third). Ryan 6, MBA 3

215 - C. Riley ® def. Swett -- 16-7 (After close first period, Riley dominated the final two). Ryan 10, MBA 3

275 - A. Riley (M) def. Dempsey -- pin 5:00 (low-scoring match prior to pin with less than a minute remaining in third). Ryan 10, MBA 9

103 - Francis (M) def. Griffith -- 6-4 (very even match). MBA 12, Ryan 10

112 - Simpson (M) def. Forte -- pin 3:00 (John Mike is gaining momentum for state). MBA 18, Ryan 10

119 - Yager ® def. MBA kid (Bellet or Deutsch) -- pin 4:15 (Pat Simpson's gamble to move Whitt up paid off big time). MBA 18, Ryan 16

125 - Dunning ® def. MBA kid (Bellet or Deutsch) -- pin :29 (never even broke a sweat -- I'm convinced he woulda pinned everyone through 160). Ryan 22, MBA 18

130 - Oddo ® def. Bradley -- 10-6 (Oddo controlled neutral, but couldn't do much once on top). Ryan 25, MBA 18

135 - MBA kid (Nutkis or McKeithan) def. Walsh -- 8-6 (MBA very nearly pinned in this match). Ryan 25, MBA 21

140 - Morales ® def. Hall -- 3-2 (Easily the match of the night. Tied 1-1 with less than 30 seconds left and with the wrestlers in neutral, Hall was given a point after Morales illegally slammed him into the mat. Down 2-1 with the clock winding, Morales shot and got around for two with the clock showing :01. Place goes bananas). Ryan 28, MBA 21

145 - Bellet (M) def. Murphy -- pin 3:00 (Huge momentum shift here as Bellet got the rally started with a pin. Place continued going bananas throughout the whole match). Ryan 28, MBA 27

152 - Shillinglaw (M) def. Goodrum -- pin 3:50 (definitely MBA's biggest win as Shillinglaw gets the pin, forcing Ryan to pin to win in the last match. With so many people going bananas, Chiquita shoulda worked out a sponsorship for the night). MBA 33, Ryan 28

160 - Mayo ® def. Tate -- 12-3 (Mayo works cradle twice, middle of the mat, with :30 seconds left in first period and again with :45 seconds left in second. Willed by the student section chanting his name, Tate stays off his back, sending the MBA side into bedlam. Unbelievable finish to an unbelievable match). MBA 33, Ryan 32.

Match was well reffed (Bowler and J. Simpson) and both crowds behaved themselves. Here's hoping to a rematch in Clarksville.

825542243[/snapback]

Dom.....great post report....however, "easily the best match of the night at 140 " as you put it also contained the worse call of the night. That was simply a single leg take down and NOT A SLAM which put the MBA kid squarely on his back and it appeared to be a 4 -5 point move....instead it was a 1 pt. penalty point on a so called slam on a take down that never got off the ground. Fortunately the call did not decide the match as Morales came back and won in the last second!

Dom.....great post report....however, "easily the best match of the night at 140 " as you put it also contained the worse call of the night. That was simply a single leg take down and NOT A SLAM which put the MBA kid squarely on his back and it appeared to be a 4 -5 point move....instead it was a 1 pt. penalty point on a so called slam on a take down that never got off the ground. Fortunately the call did not decide the match as Morales came back and won in the last second!

825542302[/snapback]

I agree the call was questionable, but as you state, Morales made it a moot point with the last-second takedown.

Sounds like a great match, I wish I could have attended, I hate to hear that it ended with an MBA wrestler fighting off his back as usual, but he did what it took to win and I respect that. Nothing but good luck to both teams it will be a fun dual State Championship, IRISHDAD tell them Irish boys to keep their heads up!! Its good to hear that the student sections cheered on their wrestlers and there were no altecations!! Good Luck to both teams!!

My family says it was the best $3.00 they have spent in a long time. Kudos to both Coach Simpsons on entertaining alot of great folks on a Friday night in Nash Vegas....I hear "all" the boys gave it their all and a great time was had by all. As Napolean Dynamite would say......."Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" Wish I had been there!