State Location

TheVet

Agreed.  There was also a horrible call in the Franklin,Bradley Central match.  Bradley's 119 clearly had two. The official didn't give him two. I also thought it was funny because the Franklin crowd looked frustrated after the Bradley guy spun around and "got two".  Then after there was no call the Franklin crowd went wild. Just interesting that the obvious call wasn't there, and it was a veteran ref.

;)  SAD, but everyone makes mistakes. 

Oh well.

825554720[/snapback]

It was never 2. In my opinion Danny is the best ref in the stae and if it was 2 he would have given it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the individuals should be held in Nashville or middle TN somewhere. I don't think it is fair for the Memphis kids to have to travel across the State. Attendance may take a slight hit, but I think it would be better for the wrestlers. I just think it would make things a little better for everybody, except those in Chattanooga.

Beggining countdown until an angry Chattanooga fan tells me i'm Crazy.

825555126[/snapback]

Yes, a great idea. Let's put it someplace like Clarksville where the attendance for a session would be less than the attendance at a Bradley-Soddy or a Bradley-Cleveland match.

Yes, a great idea. Let's put it someplace like Clarksville where the attendance for a session would be less than the attendance at a Bradley-Soddy or a Bradley-Cleveland match.

825555943[/snapback]

I don't mind going to Chattanooga at all. I think it's a great town and a great venue. I'm looking forward to the trip. Plenty to do during downtime. Cost is the same whether you're going to Nashville or Chattanooga. It's just a couple of hours more.

They have the facility there. They have the people to run it. They just need to work on the hospitality room, I hear tell. :blink:

KKW, let's not even discuss the call...At this point it doesn't matter.

Instead, let's discuss your comment. Danny is indeed a great ref and no one disputes that. However, your comment infers that Danny has never and will never miss a call. Give me a break. Danny Gilbert will be the first guy to tell you that he has missed many calls. He's always the first guy to admit it in later conversations.

Don't let your respect for Danny cloud your thoughts. Yes, he's a great guy and a great ref, but he misses calls just like everyone else. It's a tough job. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want or need you to make irrational statements in his behalf.

What about the Williamson County Ag Center? I think it would be a tremendous venue for wrestling!

AMENITIES 148,153 Enclosed square Footage

171,153 Under Roof square Footage

150 X 300 Arena Floor

100 x 200 Warm Up Arena

100 x 200 Outdoor Arena

4,100 Approx. Fixed Seating

2,000 Approx Portable Seating

2 concessions

2 Locations of Women's & Men's Restrooms

30 X 35 Green Room With Toilets & Showers

tremendous amount of parking spaces

4215 Long Lane,

Franklin, TN 37064

Exit # 61 Goosecreek

off I-65

http://66.236.228.2/williamson/upload/cont...ls%20200211.jpg

Edited by BigDogDaddy

825555943[/snapback]

Ok how about the MTSU arena or the GEC or David Lipscomb or the Williamson Co. place. The reason I am always told it is in Chat. is because Chattanooga has the greatest fan support. If this is really true, than those fans would be willing to sacrifice the travel, and we could draw even more people, who are closer to home. I know Chattanooga wants to keep it in it's backyard, but this is the most logical solution don't you think?

I have said this over and over again. If we truly want our sport to get noticed by more people in TN, then the venue of the state tourney needs to rotate. No one is impying that Chattanooga doesn't do a fantastic job...I love going. However, Chattanooga has the best fan base because they host the state tournament year in and year out.

I also believe I heard someone saying that the Clarksville boys had the home field advantage at the duals because it was at their place. I was told last time I discussed this that there was no such thing as home field advantage in wrestling. Just make your boys wrestle anywhere. What about the expense to a program. Yes, I know we need to be responsible for raising money for our team, however, it would be nice to get a break once in a while and not have to spend so much money at the state tournament. We could use that extra money to travel out of state once in awhile. LET ME STATE, THERE IS NO WHINING IN THIS POST. just some things to think about. Come on people, be a little open minded here. Think about being in another team's shoes. Would you like to have to travel every year?

I have said this over and over again.  If we truly want our sport to get noticed by more people in TN, then the venue of the state tourney needs to rotate.  No one is impying that Chattanooga doesn't do a fantastic job...I love going.  However, Chattanooga has the best fan base because they host the state tournament year in and year out. 

I also believe I heard someone saying that the Clarksville boys had the home field advantage at the duals because it was at their place.  I was told last time I discussed this that there was no such thing as home field advantage in wrestling.  Just make your boys wrestle anywhere.  What about the expense to a program.  Yes, I know we need to be responsible for raising money for our team, however, it would be nice to get a break once in a while and not have to spend so much money at the state tournament.  We could use that extra money to travel out of state once in awhile.  LET ME STATE, THERE IS NO WHINING IN THIS POST.  just some things to think about.  Come on people, be a little open minded here.  Think about being in another team's shoes.  Would you like to have to travel every year?

825557279[/snapback]

No high school team wrestles the Mocs, so there is no home filed advantage in this example, like there IS in the Clarkesville example (as long as Clarksville makes it to the State Duals Tournament).

The base of fans in Chattanooga has nothing to do with the traditonal tounament being held at the UTC campus. It is because the schools have all built tradtion in their programs, D1 and D2.

The rest of the post I agree with in principal, as long as a venue is large enough to hold the tourney, like not a high school.

Edited by texas23

No team high school team wrestles the Mocs, so there is no home filed advantage in this  example, like there IS in the Clarkesville example (as long as Clarksville makes it to the State Duals Tournament).

The base of fans in Chattanooga has nothing to do with the traditonal tounament being held at the UTC campus.  It is because the schools have all built tradtion in their programs, D1 and D2.

The rest of the post I agree with in principal, as long as a venue is large enough to hold the tourney, like not a high school.

825557409[/snapback]

I have to disagree while per-say there is no home field advantage, there is a difference in sleeping in your own bed as opposed to staying in a hotel. The Schools' "Tradition" comment makes no sense to me. Are you trying to say schools like Father Ryan, MBA, Overton, and Franklin have no tradition???