L.C. beats Trenton

LakeCountyFan142311

I was at the game last night. Doaks got his 4th foul on a questionable call that could have easily been a steal, but was called a foul. All of this occurred on the free throw line on Lake Co.'s end of the floor. Doaks then went the length of the floor and dunked on his own end. If he had been whistled for the foul on his own free throw line and then gone 15 feet for the dunk, then I think nothing would have been said. In fact, that happened earlier in the game with no call. But to go the length of the floor and make a scene is uncalled for. Out of frustration or not, that should not be and was not allowed. Trenton seemed to be lackadasical all night, and with Doaks's ejection, a bad situation for them got even worse. Trenton fans (and Sisco himslef) should consider themselves lucky that he wasn't tossed along with Doaks. It took alot of restraint by Dan Boykin to not show Clint the door. Just my honest, unbiased opinion. I have no ties to either school, but went looking for a good game last night and was not disappointed. Lake County played the better game and last night they were the best team on the floor.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Doaks, if the behavior I saw out of him at the first LC-Trenton game was any indication, this was a long time coming. And for those complaining about what might have been a questionable foul call (wasn't there, don't know exactly what happened) refs don't have in their mind during a game who has how many fouls. They see a foul, they call a foul. If Doaks did indeed take off and dunk the ball well after the ball was dead, he deserved a technical. Then if he mouthed off to the officials, he deserved another technical. That's the rules, it doesn't matter whether it's a meaningless nonconference game in November or the district semi-finals. If you call it one way in one game, you call it the same way in another game.

Lake County's fans are obnoxious, rude and sometimes downright vulgar; being a recent LCHS graduate, I'll be the first to admit that. And they all know they are, and they're proud of it, too. But don't kid yourself; the fans from Trenton and Halls are just as bad. I think it is pretty obvious that Sisco has no control of his players. He didn't have control of his players at Lake County (see: dressing out 5 players and a manager for a game during Christmas break when about half the team decided not to show up one night, and taking the whole team to Lexington in his extended-cab pickup because it wasn't worth driving a bus for 6 people), and he doesn't have it now at Peabody. All he does is yell and stomp that foot all the time, and no one takes him seriously.

Trenton may be in a world of trouble now without Doaks for the district consolation (where losing to Middle College is almost a certainty now) and then probably against Greenfield in the first round of the regionals. 30 seconds of stupidity on his part might have cost his team a shot at the regional title and/or the state tournament. Probably cost him his shot at Mr. Basketball, too.

I was going to make a comment but....bigwes said it all....Both fans should read and think about it.......this guy is right

Trenton radio station being bias?  Evidently you haven't heard my broadcasts.  I give credit to both sides.  They are, after all, kids.  All players deserve the respect of everyone, whether you're the opposing fan or not.  They all practice hard and try to play well and deserve credit for that.  What I'm seeing on here is a lack of credit to a great player just because he lost his cool.  That happens.  A couple of Lake County players received technicals last night - doesn't that mean that Whitby doesn't have control of his players?  I think not.  You're letting your disdain for a coach rule your evaluation of a person.  I know both coaches and both are friends of mine.  The officials on the floor are also friends of mine.  In fact, the official that ejected Doaks is a very good friend of mine.  I don't let his actions on the floor distort my judgement of him as a person or how well he does his job.  It was an emotionally charged night and unfortunately it got out of hand. 

I didn't say that the technical was "bogus" as I haven't used that word in a long while.  I saw the dunk and yes it was a few seconds after the foul was called.  Did it deserve a technical?  I'm not sure as I don't know the rule on that at the moment.  I will before this day is over.  If Doaks said something that the official took offense to on his way to the bench then he deserved the 2nd technical.  I don't know what was said as I was not that close.  The fact remains, he has to sit out the next two games for Peabody because of what happened. 

As to the situation after the game, Peabody's trek to the locker room was blocked by Lake County fans.  What happened with Partee, I don't know.  I do know that he did have to be restrained.  But, the players should have been given a clear way to the locker room. 

Fans can get emotionally charged and not use their best judgement - the same can be said of players and coaches. 

If you want a bias call, you're listening to the wrong guy.  I give credit to both teams as I appreciate the talents of all players.  That is my job.  Sure, my call is slanted toward the team I cover on a nightly basis, but, I don't let it rule the way I see a game.  I gave "props" to Valentine and Springer last night as I thought they were exceptional.  Would a biased announcer do that?  I think not.  There are several announcers with a biased call out there...but, I believe I'm not.  If you think otherwise, well, that's your opinion - you have yours and I have mine.

Check out the article in the Jackson Sun by Jeremy Peppas. 

Sun Article

825572108[/snapback]

Trenton radio station being bias?  Evidently you haven't heard my broadcasts.  I give credit to both sides.  They are, after all, kids.  All players deserve the respect of everyone, whether you're the opposing fan or not.  They all practice hard and try to play well and deserve credit for that.  What I'm seeing on here is a lack of credit to a great player just because he lost his cool.  That happens.  A couple of Lake County players received technicals last night - doesn't that mean that Whitby doesn't have control of his players?  I think not.  You're letting your disdain for a coach rule your evaluation of a person.  I know both coaches and both are friends of mine.  The officials on the floor are also friends of mine.  In fact, the official that ejected Doaks is a very good friend of mine.  I don't let his actions on the floor distort my judgement of him as a person or how well he does his job.  It was an emotionally charged night and unfortunately it got out of hand. 

I didn't say that the technical was "bogus" as I haven't used that word in a long while.  I saw the dunk and yes it was a few seconds after the foul was called.  Did it deserve a technical?  I'm not sure as I don't know the rule on that at the moment.  I will before this day is over.  If Doaks said something that the official took offense to on his way to the bench then he deserved the 2nd technical.  I don't know what was said as I was not that close.  The fact remains, he has to sit out the next two games for Peabody because of what happened. 

As to the situation after the game, Peabody's trek to the locker room was blocked by Lake County fans.  What happened with Partee, I don't know.  I do know that he did have to be restrained.  But, the players should have been given a clear way to the locker room. 

Fans can get emotionally charged and not use their best judgement - the same can be said of players and coaches. 

If you want a bias call, you're listening to the wrong guy.  I give credit to both teams as I appreciate the talents of all players.  That is my job.  Sure, my call is slanted toward the team I cover on a nightly basis, but, I don't let it rule the way I see a game.  I gave "props" to Valentine and Springer last night as I thought they were exceptional.  Would a biased announcer do that?  I think not.  There are several announcers with a biased call out there...but, I believe I'm not.  If you think otherwise, well, that's your opinion - you have yours and I have mine.

Check out the article in the Jackson Sun by Jeremy Peppas. 

Sun Article

825572108[/snapback]

That may be the longest post I've seen in a while. OK, your broadcast are still biased, but I appreciate that fact because you call those local games on a regular basis. As long as you stay as neutal as "Paul Tinkle" you'll be ok in my book!! LOL

That may be the longest post I've seen in a while. OK, your broadcast are still biased, but I appreciate that fact because you call those local games on a regular basis. As long as you stay as neutal as "Paul Tinkle" you'll be ok in my book!! LOL

825572201[/snapback]

You're funny...a bit misguided, but funny. What is your definition of bias? Even John Ward was bias...but, also gave credit to the accomplishments of the opposing team. You mention Mr. Tinkle...he says "we" quite a bit in his broadcasts...I do not. Like I stated, I am a bit slanted toward the team I'm there to cover. But, I do not go overboard like many many others in the area. I believe one of your determining factors on judging me is that I call games for a team that you don't care for. I can't help that, it's just the way it is.

Edited by sportsradiotn

As you all know, I'm from Halls. I seen the game between Trenton and Lake County from equal eyes last night. Yes, Doaks stole the ball fair and square that the refs called a foul. Yes, Doaks deserved the technical foul for dunking the ball because you're not suppose to shoot the ball after the whistle is blown. Yes, they should have thrown him out the gym for talking to the refs. Yes, Lake County fans did taunt Partee as he was leaving the gym that caused another bad scene (I was right there when it happened). Yes, the technical foul they called against Sisco early in the game was bogus. I mean, Lake County fans were on my nerves so I know they were on Trenton's nerves. I know student sections will be student sections, but Lake County goes too far. They're down right rude sometimes. I feel sorry for Doaks because now he will be out two games for getting thrown out the game. He won't get to play until the regional semi-finals (if they make it without him). So, its a bad situation all together. Again, I had equal eyes in this game because I wasn't going for either one. I was just watching. So this is what I seen with my own eyes. As for bigwes68, Halls fans will never be as rude as Lake County fans are. We may yell at the officials, but Lake County just gets on everyones nerves. Halls takes on Lake County Saturday night. I know the same thing will probably happen to us so Halls will have to come out ready to play. Alot of people doubted that Halls would beat Middle College, but we proved them wrong.  I think it will be a pretty exciting game with the Falcons. GO TIGERS! thumb

825572130[/snapback]

Go Halls, is all I have to say! I'm going to see my girls play tonight at LC and I am Not looking forward to going back into a still-steaming environment. I told my daughter this morning that we should go to Saturday's game and after the PEabody game, we should put a "Halls" sign over our "Peabody" shirts to help yall out. Here's a point to ponder that no one else has brought up: Under TSSAA bylaws substitutes or spectators who leave their designated area during a game may result in a fine($250.00 minimum) at the least. - does the classsless debaucle they displayed AFTER the game count????? Not allowing our players to their locker room????/? Taunting them all the way? Good grief. As for PEabody, we'll take our medicine and go on. I understand that when the second tech was called, Doaks had his back to the officials and was jumping up and down in fron of Sisco questioning the previous tech. ?? If so maybe an appeal is due - although unlikely to be granted.

Is anyone familiar with this rule? If this is true, what a critical error in judgement. That can change a game plan fast. If anyone has infomation on this rule, please post. thanks :unsure:

825571977[/snapback]

The last game of the season Halls visited Bradford and Shantea Janes was ejected

after she rebounded the ball and a Bradford player hanging on received and elbow to the forehead. Ms Janes has missed the semifinal game and will miss play in the game on friday against Bradford in Lake County. Doakes behavior was horrid but for anyone who has followed this districts' play all year knows his behavior is consistent. He walked across the floor during the first game while Halls was playing Middle College and if anyone recalls the Trenton vs Halls game in Halls; he walked off the floor with the ball and around 9 seconds left on the clock and the referees followed him. Fans let TSSAA know about this unsportsmanlike behavior. Doakes told the ref f##k this. I know because I heard him and instead of trying to plead his case; his coach should have reprimanded him. Only in the 4th quarter, after the show, did Trenton's coach try to calm down his bench. I am an educator and I can say that kids act the way we allow them. He has been allowed to curse fans, players and act as if he was in the NBA , so we should not be surprised at this behavior. I'm glad that a ref wasn't scared to do what was needed done earlier in the season. Maybe he would have learned and not hurt his chances for a tremendous career. People will look at him differently; but all is not his fault for a coach is a leader and teacher and shouldn't use our children for personal gain. I have never felt Trenton's coach has his players' interest at heart.

Doakes told the ref  f##k this. I know because I heard him and instead of trying to plead his case; his coach should have reprimanded him.

825572269[/snapback]

If what you say is true, then yes he deserved the second technical. I checked with a couple of officials today that know the rules back and front...after a foul is called it is considered a dead ball and all play must stop...if a player continues a play (takes a shot for example) an official can call a technical foul. So, Tommy Sewell was using the rules for high school basketball. I believe he had warned Doaks one time earlier in the game about dunking after a whistle.

It is an unfortunate event and one that may cost Doaks and Peabody in their tournament run.