Awesome Dads

volsbigd712

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers from Smyrna, Gannon from Rossview, Barnett from Germantown, Scott and Cain from Ridgeway, Tramel from Bartlett, Allen from Cordova, Mitchell, Fryman, Borneman, and Schmidt from Houston, Mike Simpson from Memphis in general, Marable from CBHS. It's probably not a coincidence that their sons are extremely successful wrestlers.

As far as Moms go - I would have to nominate Betty Warfield of Franklin. I can't tell you how many times someone needed this or that and she seemed to always have it. I swear she had everything, including the kitchen sink, in the car. I'll never forget an announcement being made at a national tournament where they were needing a sewing kit (kid from another state had split the crotch out of his singlet) - yep, she had her sewing stuff in the car and stitched that kid's singlet up and he went on to be an all american later that same year. It didn't matter if you were her kid or not, she would take care of them all!

As far as Moms go - I would have to nominate Betty Warfield of Franklin.  I can't tell you how many times someone needed this or that and she seemed to always have it.  I swear she had everything, including the kitchen sink, in the car.  I'll never forget an announcement being made at a national tournament where they were needing a sewing kit (kid from another state had split the crotch out of his singlet) - yep, she had her sewing stuff in the car and stitched that kid's singlet up and he went on to be an all american later that same year.  It didn't matter if you were her kid or not, she would take care of them all!

825582746[/snapback]

LOL- That has got to be one of the best wrestling stories of all time. I love it!

P.S.- Congrats to Franklin on a great season and the Duals Championship!

As far as Moms go - I would have to nominate Betty Warfield of Franklin. 

825582746[/snapback]

Yep, Mrs. Warfield!! Also, Mrs. Holliman, Davis, Felix, Raby and my wife Cheryl, of course.

Sometimes I wonder if special passes for these wonderful women, who sacrafices so-so much, shouldn't be provided?

Besides our regulars supporting us at Smyrna, Franklin and Brentwood - I have also noticed ladies heavily involved with supporting Clarksville, Cookeville, Tullahoma, Ravenwood, Soddy Daisy, Bradley (including Mrs. Heffington), Cumberland Co., Collierville + others to our left, and Cleveland over the years.

soms

Addition:

Oh and... Way to go Mr. Konz!! We'll be watching Ryan too the next few years. Oh, is it possible I'm revealing someone's secret screename by mentioning this fine name? I would hope not.

Edited by Sommers

The Irishdad and Irishmom get my vote. Everything from them paying for post weighin meals my freshman year, to just offering water and support after every match my senior year. Irishdad helped to make the sport for me. I appreciate all of his time and every time he has stood up for us. Thanks for believing Mr. Mayo.

Jakey

Yep, Mrs. Warfield!!  Also, Mrs. Holliman, Davis, Felix, Raby and my wife Cheryl, of course.

Sometimes I wonder if special passes for these wonderful women, who sacrafices so-so much, shouldn't be provided?

Besides our regulars supporting us at Smyrna, Franklin and Brentwood - I have also noticed ladies heavily involved with supporting Clarksville, Cookeville, Tullahoma, Ravenwood, Soddy Daisy, Bradley (including Mrs. Heffington), Cumberland Co., Collierville + others to our left, and Cleveland over the years.

soms

825583161[/snapback]

Soms, Your up the wrong tree AGAIN and your not keeping your "life is to short" promise.