Franklin Announcement Soon?

FHSrebel27

Clayton has guided the Tigers to the state semifinals in seven of the last nine seasons including two state championship appearances (1996 and 1997). He took over the Tigers' program from Mike Lewis in 1986 and became the school's all-time winningest football coach in 2001, surpassing legend Fleming Thornton.

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/cgi-bin/view...s.html+20040619

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton will bring a change in philosophy to Franklin, which will now spread the field and throw the ball a lot.

“He’s a big quarterback guy and he wants to spread the field and take advantage of mismatches with his wide receivers,” Ruck said.

Is this really that big of a change in philosophy? With what we had last year, we had to abandon this style of offense... I'm not surprised to see that we're bringing in someone that will continue with it though.

Will Mikrut be able to run a spread 'em out offense well though? I only saw him in two games last year so I can't judge that at all. And I'm certainly not questioning his ability... just curious as to what some Franklin fans think.

Your new coach will definietly air it out. When we played Hop-town he was not shy to pass the ball at all. He kept attacking this way all game. I think you guys got a good coach was very good at finding the weak db and then going right after him. Good luck except when you have to play us in the DARK.....

I agree with Wave88. You should be happy with this new coach and his style of offense. He had Hopkinsville a playoff participant every year. He liked to throw the ball alot and mix in enough run so not to get complacenent. Should be a good fit. The fan support from Franklin will be a big plus too. Not too mention having a stadium all his own. (Hopkinsville shared their stadium with Christian County, Ky)

Is this really that big of a change in philosophy? With what we had last year, we had to abandon this style of offense... I'm not surprised to see that we're bringing in someone that will continue with it though.

Will Mikrut be able to run a spread 'em out offense well though? I only saw him in two games last year so I can't judge that at all. And I'm certainly not questioning his ability... just curious as to what some Franklin fans think.

825622951[/snapback]

Where did you get the quote from Ruck? I haven't seen anything in the paper yet?