UNAKA...STATE CHAMPION BOUND AGIAN?

BIG DAWG 71

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tired of people saying that Unaka isn't that good. OK, so there is a chance that we may not repeat as State Champs, but FACE IT, we are 1 of only 8 teams left in the state. That right there says enough. Yeah we are that good. So are the other teams that are there. No one makes it this far if they are just average. There are other good teams that aren't even playing at the 'Boro. After all, only 1 team will be left after the championship. Last year it was us. All the teams that are still playing deserve respect and credit, whether they are liked or not. So, if you think any of the teams aren't good that are there, go watch them play and let the game settle the discussions. Until then though, Unaka is STILL the Defending State Champs.

They will have to get through Temple and that will be tough. They played earlier in the season at Unaka and Temple won by 21.

825600080[/snapback]

well,

Unaka beat grace baptist earlier in the season, and were from what i heard was predicted to lose against Rockwood. Well we beat rockwood by 22 pts. The rangers have played some great teams this year also beating Mcallie who beat teams like Knox webb and catolic, and Temple. So it doens't matter how a game goes from earlier in the season. So temple beat unaka, unaka beat mcallie, and mcallie beat temple, so guess what it doesnt matter. If the rangers play hard they will be tough to beat. They are also riding on an eleven game winning streak. Good luck Unaka ill be there to watch.

well,

Unaka beat grace baptist earlier in the season, and were from what i heard was predicted to lose against Rockwood.  Well we beat rockwood by 22 pts.  The rangers have played some great teams this year also beating Mcallie who beat teams like Knox webb and catolic, and Temple.  So it doens't matter how a game goes from earlier in the season.  So temple beat unaka, unaka beat mcallie, and mcallie beat temple, so guess what it doesnt matter.  If the rangers play hard they will be tough to beat.  They are also riding on an eleven game winning streak.  Good luck Unaka ill be there to watch.

825612781[/snapback]

yeah but that 11 game winning streak may not matter...temple is sitting on a what?...20 some plus game winning streak...so i dont think a winning streak will help anyone in State.

sports,

Someone mentioned McCann and Cline, the two returning starters ....

Rusty Holtsclaw was the backup Center last season and actually played more minutes than the starter in several games.

Chase Reeves played a lot in last season's tournament also.

Josh Lowe, a Junior, same thing, several key minutes.

Daniel McInturff, who makes it five senior starters for the Rangers, didn't play last season because of a sore knee.

Overall, Unaka is at least as athletic as last season, but sorely lacking in Depth at Post. Sophomore Adam Buckles, at only 6-2, 6-3 is playing well, but he's just not as big as Holtsclaw or six-six Josh Jones, last season's starter.

Good Luck Unaka and Good Luck Adam. You work very hard and also love basketball and support the Carter County teams aswell as Elizabethton and that is the way it should be. I like all of the players at Unaka and around the area this year because they all have should alot of class this year and did not get on this site and bash each other.

Bring it back to Carter County.

Elizabethton and all of Carter County are behind you guys!!!!!

Edited by CoachSH

Great quote CourtneyBlake " UNAKA RANGERS....DARE TO DOMINATE, COURAGE TO CONQUER, WILL TO WIN! "

Looks like we are the UnderDogs on this Thread also. Gooood !! We like it that way. Put our guys down ... That FIRES them UP !!

Our Guys have CLASS !!! Our Guys have DESCIPLINE !!! this is only a couple of traits that I have seen in 1 or 2 teams that the Rangers have played over the years.

Go Rangers !!

sports,

Someone mentioned McCann and Cline, the two returning starters .... 

Rusty Holtsclaw was the backup Center last season and actually played more minutes than the starter in several games.

Chase Reeves played a lot in last season's tournament also.

Josh Lowe, a Junior, same thing, several key minutes.

Daniel McInturff, who makes it five senior starters for the Rangers, didn't play last season because of a sore knee.

Overall, Unaka is at least as athletic as last season, but sorely lacking in Depth at Post.  Sophomore Adam Buckles, at only 6-2, 6-3  is playing well, but he's just not as big  as Holtsclaw or six-six Josh Jones, last season's starter.

825612865[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more. Unaka is a well rounded team with excellent coaching. And what about Holtsclaw?? He's playing awesome right now. If he plays like he did in the substate, he'll be hard to handle. Unaka also has a great bench. Coach sure knows how to prepare the team. I think anybody who counts them out will be crying all the way back hom. Just like last year.