BEST BUSH LEAGUE COMMENT YOU'VE HEARD

ccriders25

LCborn, pure judgement call, the guy that keeps score for us just asks us what we think. But still i think it'd be hit if im seeing it like it should be seen

I believe the rule book says something about "ordinary effort" or some such langauge. Failing to make a diving catch is a hit, I think.

The poor kid was robbed--not by an opposing player but by his own scorer. That's the bush league part.

Edited by LCborn

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow--a couple of years ago, this poor freshman in his first at-bat hit a screaming line drive into left field. The LF came charging in, made a full-out dive, and the ball hit off the LF's glove. The scorer charged it as an error. After all, he said, it did hit off the LF's glove.

Sheesh.

I've seen official scorers rule a hit (and subsequent RBI) on a dropped ball? Then rule an error on a bullet hit past a diving third baseman? The stats that some of these teams or kids have are not baseball driven, rather daddy driven. You kill an opposing kids ERA for the sake of who is liked more. My favorite bush move was to charge the firstbaseman an error for a throw that was in the dirt and bounced off his face. A middle infielder threw it and his dad was "official scorer". The NEXT PITCH was a grounder to the firstbaseman who threw to the middle infielder crossing the bag. The ball hit the kid in the chest...error again on the first baseman. As clean of throw that can be made, but it was subjective to the ruling of THE OFFICIAL SCORER.

During a long losing streak I overheard one of the visitors fans say- "well, they ain't winnin' on the road and they ain't winnin' at home. I think they're runnin' out of places to play!

After a monster home run:" That one would be out of most parks- including Yellowstone" - Bob Euker

My favorite for our not-so-fast first baseman: WOW, he turned a sure double into a stand-up single!

A basketball one , for which I was ejected from a game in 1977 "Didja lose that little ball outa yer whistle there, ref?" ( I tugged on his shirt to get his attention- didn't know that you can't touch a ref!)

"The strike zones' on wheels!"

"Ray Charles called- He said the pitch was outside!"

Edited by 37421

After a monster home run:" That one would be out of most parks- including Yellowstone" - Bob Euker

LOL, baseball digest published a list of Eukerisms last issue. My favorite was, "When I signed with the Braves the bonus was $3000. My old man couldn't really afford it but he managed to find the money."

LOL, baseball digest published a list of Eukerisms last issue. My favorite was, "When I signed with the Braves the bonus was $3000. My old man couldn't really afford it but he managed to find the money."

That's a good one!! I like the one from Major League where Euker says: "Haywood led the league in most offensive categories last year ......including nosehair. When this guy sneezes he looks like a party favor!"

one of the ones my team likes to use, is when a player is in a slump we tell them Man u couldn't hit sand if you fell of a camel, we once told our JV shortstop that the only reason he started on JV was because his girlfriend wouldn't play baseball ( his girlfriend was the starting shortstop on the softball team) lol

A Sports Illustrated columnist reports seeing these signs in Philadelphia during the Phillies-Giants series.

Hey Barry. Move Your Head. We Can't See.

Seeing Barry Hit 715: Worthless

Ruth did it on hotdogs & beer. Aaron did it with class. How did YOU do it?

ESPN: Every Steroid Produced record Needs an *

For Sale: Life-Sized Bobblehead. See Leftfield

Got Juice?

(On a skinny guy's t-shirt) Barry With Pirates

(On the guy next to him in an inflatable sumo suit) Barry With San Fran