Ooltewah Head Coach Resigns

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen people Benny Monore will be your next head coach... End of discussion...

825644480[/snapback]

Tribe Fan, I was wondering who it is working to get the supplements up at McMinn County. I know who the guy is from Etowah working with him, I was just curious as to who it is on your side of the creek.

I was kind of curious about that myself. "On the verge of being a dynasty". That's funny. Riverdale is a dynasty. Does this mean the Owls' program is on the verge of becoming like Riverdale?

Please define dynasty.

825644419[/snapback]

Main Entry: dy·nas·ty

Pronunciation: 'dI-n&-stE also -"nas-tE, esp British 'di-n&-stE

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -ties

Date: 14th century

1 : a succession of rulers of the same line of descent

2 : a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

- dy·nas·tic /dI-'nas-tik/ adjective

- dy·nas·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Main Entry: [3]verge

Function: intransitive verb

Inflected Form(s): verged; verg·ing

Etymology: Latin vergere to bend, incline —more at WRENCH

Date: 1610

1 a : of the sun : to incline toward the horizon : SINK b : to move or extend in some direction or toward some condition

2 : to be in transition or change

Main Entry: [2]verge

Function: intransitive verb

Inflected Form(s): verged; verg·ing

Date: 1787

1 : to be contiguous

2 : to be on the verge or border

Dynasty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sovereignty; lordship; dominion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A race or succession of kings, of the same line or family; the continued lordship of a race of rulers.

Does this help you. Ooltewah has made the playoffs 4 out of the last five years and there are more families moving to the area at a rapid pace hints on the verge of. your definitions are above to help you. lol

Riverdale, Oak Ridge, DB, BA and so on would be considered an dynasty their own dynasty if there were only one I would think we should call them an monopoly. Guys I have to live up to my initials BS plus I enjoy doing it too.

Edited by SergeantOwl22

Congratulations to Monroe and the Owls it's a fine football program and I'm sure they will thrive.

I'm glad there are still some great Coaches such as Tom Weathers, Ron Shumate, and Benny Monroe that can come back and supplement there income in the Hamilton County school system because at the rate the county is going getting a quality coach that needs a primary income may get harder and harder.

SergeantOwl it's not worth bantering with you about things you know apparently nothing about. 1st of all Price did not apply for the job at Ooltewah, 2nd of all no one ever said Ooletwah was a losing program and 3rd you are dead wrong about Soddy Daisy's reocrd prior to Coach Price and frankly I don't care who has the most wins there all I know is the record prior to him getting there!

Good posts Louie, Soddy-Daisy's last winning season before Bill Price was 1985, His first year was a losing season and after that they won every year he was there, losing to Jeff. COunty his last year in the playoffs in the 3rd round, which was his last year at Soddy. If he had stayed one more year he would have led that team to a state title, (they lost to Riverdale 14-10 in the playoffs the year after he left) Daniels never had a winning season at Soddy-Daisy, his last year he had four players sign college scholarships, and still only went 4-6. Soddy Daisy never made the playoffs before Price, he laid the foundation and got the program turned around, not too mention the great facility he helped to get built for the school and the football program......Too young to remember Coach Price, not hardly.....as for him coming back to Soddy-Daisy, we'll welcome him back with open arms when COach Weathers retires, or he can be Coach Weather's D-Coordinator right now.....

So is someone saying it's for sure Monroe? I hear there are several "Finalists!" Another rumor is that Zach Sanders and Kevin Burke have applied in a joint-application. They are applying to coach for free as long as they will be able to make all personnel decisions. Sounds like a good deal...with the budget situation it's a no-lose situation for the school. And we all know they can win.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Be patient gradromthenest and you will see that this old wise Tribefan knows what he is saying when I say Benny Monore will be your next head football coach @ Ooltewah High School. And also remember that Benny is a McMinn boy. He was born, educated and taught everything he knows right here in McMinn Co. He will make you even more proud then you already are to be a Ooltewah alum, especially when your players start accumulating those State Championship rings

Be patient gradromthenest and you will see that this old wise Tribefan knows what he is saying when I say Benny Monore will be your next head football coach @ Ooltewah High School. And also remember that Benny is a McMinn boy. He was born, educated and taught everything he knows right here in McMinn Co.  He will make you even more proud then you already are to be a Ooltewah alum, especially when your players start accumulating those State Championship rings

825645707[/snapback]

Do you honestly think he'd be good for the Owls? Just a question!

I believe his track record answers that question. He has the ability to take this program to the so called "next level" and he will also have a positive impact on the lives of the players that he will coach. Ooltewah will gain instant creditability in the football circles with the addition of Benny. I say that because when you win 3 consecutive championships and 60+ games in a row you gain respect from your pears and the public sector with which you work.

I am probably way out of line in saying what I'm about to say: but that has never stopped me before so here goes....

I have a question for everyone. Wasn't Coach Monroe offered the job at Chattanooga Central and turned it down? If so, why did he turn it down? The money is exactly the same in all Hamilton County Schools and I know for a fact he doesn't want to teach. He will just be drawing a coaching supplement while he works in his family business and draws his retirement check from the state. I have no doubt this man is a great football coach, his record speaks volumes and no one should question that; but wouldn't it be much better to hire someone who is going to be in the building full-time, teaching the students he will be coaching everyday?

From a coach's standpoint, I respect men like Coach Monroe and others who have recently came out of retirement to coach again; however, every time this happens it limits some great younger coaches in the prime of their career from moving up the ladder and believe me there are some great young men out there who are ready for the job. Not to mention middle age men who have head coaching experience and a respectable resume.

I didn't apply for this position so I feel I can speak my mind about it. I don't think any school should hire someone to be a head coach at their school unless that person is willing to work full-time in the classroom and on the field. You get a much better feel for the kids and their families when you see them in the halls everyday. Again, I have no disrespect for anyone; this is just how I feel about this situation. Coaching high school football is more about the management of coaching assets and personal decisions than it is X's and O's. I have no doubt men like Coach Monroe can do that part of the job to near perfection; however, the more intangible aspect of the job comes down to those interpersonal relationships that one develops with the students in your class and the teachers in the halls.

I never liked the idea of non-faculty head coaches and this is why! It may work in some states but I would much rather see someone who is in the halls every day having one-on-one interactions with the students throughout the year.

This is just my two cents worth. It may not even be worth two cents but I think I speak for a lot of middle aged coaches on this issue! Coach Smith at Soddy has more than paid his dues in the county and Coach James at East Ridge is well respected both on and off the field as a coach and a teacher. I would hope that the people who are making these decisions would look at these two men before they bring back a legend who has already retired and moved on with his life.

Edited by ELA