Ooltewah Head Coach Resigns

GradfromtheNest

I heard that Stump-on-Sports said on his show the other night that East Ridge Head Football Coach, TIM JAMES was the top candidate that the administration wanted. He's already in the system and one of the most successful coaches in the county. He would make a great coach for the Owls!

Edited by ELA

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to think that Scott Smith, from Soddy-Daisy, would be at the top of the list.  He has been the backbone, before last year, of the SD program.  His defenses have been some of the top rated in the region for the last few years.

I would hate to see him leave SD, especially with Weathers there now.  But he deserves his shot.

Deepball Dad

825621721[/snapback]

Hey DeepBall Dad,

What's Soddy's O-Coordinator's name? I think he would be ahead of Smith in this situation.

I like the James possiblity. Even considering outside options, I think he'd be good...a young enthusiastic coach who would fit in well and have the community, school, players, fans, AND Coach Gatewood behind him!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard three names:

1. Monroe (?) (good pick)

2. James (good Pick)

3. Collquette

It may come down to teacher positions that are available! That's what happened at Chattanooga Central

825635445[/snapback]

4. Tim Smith DC from Soddy

5. Bill Price (I hope not)

6. The Defensive Coach from two years ago at UTC (good pick)

7. Tim Couch x UTC QB

8. Sullivan Old OC from East Ridge

9. if I could hire a new coach it would be Tom Weathers from Soddy he would be the best fit. Gatewood leaves a class program and replaces it with the class of Chattanooga and not to mention a legend.

I have heard three names:

1. Monroe (?)

2. James

3. Collquette

It may come down to teacher positions that are available! That's what happened at Chattanooga Central

825635445[/snapback]

But, but, but.....Colquette offically retired from coaching this year. :D

As I said in another thread he all but begged for another coaching job in the interview he did with Hargis at the Free Press. :D

It is fact that he has officially applied for the job so his days are numbered on the Mountain even if he doesn't get the job with the Owls. He will not be AD next year if he's still on the Mountain. You can book that.

Del.