Ooltewah Head Coach Resigns

GradfromtheNest

Bill Price will be the next coach at Ooltewah.

825641123[/snapback]

You have been badly informed go back to the cave you came from. Chattanooga has enough BP's AsStations in the area so we do not need another one. Thanks but he may try Warren County and actually build a program than always taking an established program winning the first year and then destroying it within three and again moving to a new one. No Thanks we don’t want him I would surly hope that our administration would have more since than this. Have a nice day. NO BP

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks but he may try Warren County and actually build a program than always taking an established program winning the first year and then destroying it within three and again moving to a new one. No Thanks we don’t want him I would surly hope that our administration would have more since than this

Yeah, Soddy-Daisy was a winning program when he took over and Coffee County was too. Let's see he won at Bradley his second year after having losing his first year. We all know whats happened at bradley and it's named walker valley, so try to have a little more sense with some of your remarks. Coach price would be a excellent coach for ooltewah, if they don't think he works them too hard. haha...

what exactly do you have against him anyways?

Why do they only allow 2 assistants to be paid? How can any staff be state champion caliber? ANd what  a growing area.

825642963[/snapback]

Last summer: The Hamilton County School Board had to cut 21 Million Dollars from their proposed budget because the County Commission refused a tax increase to pay for all the things the School Board requested. In July, they cut the sports budget of every school in the county by eliminating three assistant coaching positions, all assistant coaching positions from all of the other sports (track, baseball, basketball, etc.) and almost all of the middle school programs were cutback. Then they decided that it wouldn't be fair for the larger schools to hire non-faculty assistant coaches so they passed a rule that no NON-FACULTY COACH (two allowed in football under TSSAA RULES) could be paid for his/her services and anyone doing so would be fired. SO here's what you have in all Hamilton County High Schools:

1. Head Football Coach (Great pay .20%, great benefits)

2. Assistant Football Coach (.15%)

3. Assistant Football Coach (.15%)

4. Non-faculty Assistant Football Coach (CAN'T RECEIVE ANY COMPENSATION FROM ANYONE... BOOSTERS, etc.)

5. Non-faculty Assistant Football Coach (CAN'T RECEIVE ANY COMPENSATION FROM ANYONE... BOOSTERS, etc.)

Average team size in the county is about 65-75 so that means you won't have enough people to manage the program effectively and you probably won't schedule too many JV or Freshman football games.

Well it takes alot from these understaffed teams to put a solid season together...But the one thing these coaches have here in hamilton county is kids that want to play no matter what...they understand the situation and alot of the seniors and juniors that have been around for awhile take the younger kids under thier wing and show alot of leadership....I believe there are some championship coaching staffs in town.....Tim daniels has a great program at Red Bank...ofcourse Tom Weathers and coach Kraig up in Soddy are doing well...Tim james did well with East Ridge....And Gatewood had a solid program at Ooltewah..and there still is a solid program at Ooltewah..Look at Wayne Turner at Tyner who has been understaffed for awhile and winning.....so I think the programs are fine...but it sure would help to have those assistants back...But either way chattanooga will still go on playing football

watch out for the Owls in 05.....

Yeah, Soddy-Daisy was a winning program when he took over and Coffee County was too. Let's see he won at Bradley his second year after having losing his first year.  We all know whats happened at bradley and it's named walker valley, so try to have a little more sense with some of your remarks.  Coach price would be a excellent coach for ooltewah, if they don't think he works them too hard. haha...

what exactly do you have against him anyways?

825642817[/snapback]

Coffee Co. a winning program, you've got to be kidding me? We had not done anything in years, had not been to the playoffs in years. With Price we have gone 2 years in a row. Get your facts right. Price is not leaving Coffee County BOOK-IT!

Coffee Co. a winning program, you've got to be kidding me? We had not done anything in years, had not been to the playoffs in years. With Price we have gone 2 years in a row. Get your facts right. Price is not leaving Coffee County BOOK-IT!

825643136[/snapback]

Soddy wasn't a winning program until Price came there in the mid 90's..He's a good one....Hope you guys in Red Raider country keep the success going for a long time...I had family that went to school their back in the day and even ventured to a few ball games...