UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I got tired of seeing our thread on the second page so I thought I would post a little bit to bring us back to the front. We are working hard at getting stronger and and better for next season. With our team intact for the most part we will be in great shape. I know the guys are talking about being focused and making a run for back to back Gold Balls. It will be harder to do that next year with everyone knowing we are in the mix as the favorite. Staying hungry and motivated is a task that the coaching staff will be having as an obstacle with this new season. It's easy to let up after winning a championship at any level. Especially high School.

Edited by BigSwo

• 2 weeks later...

Met a group of the Union City fans on the flight to Denver yesterday.  Great group of guys and they are really supportive of their team. Enjoyed talking to them!  Derek Mason the new Vandy head coach was on the flight with us.  The Union City guys, who were Vol fans gave him a special welcome to the SEC.  I am now a Union City fan.  

Met a group of the Union City fans on the flight to Denver yesterday.  Great group of guys and they are really supportive of their team. Enjoyed talking to them!  Derek Mason the new Vandy head coach was on the flight with us.  The Union City guys, who were Vol fans gave him a special welcome to the SEC.  I am now a Union City fan.  

Welcome to the Twister family Tornadoes78. We will gladly take on anyone who can help fight off these other hosers when the season starts. Looks good from the outside for next season and reports from within sound good. The guys are working hard and know that it will be very difficult to repeat what they did in 2013. So the focus is on forgetting about the past and concentrate the  on here and now. We will have a huge target on our backs and you can bet that when our opposing teams see UC on thier schedule that there will be a circle on that date.

Boy you couldn't stop us from posting. If we had just came off of a state win, with basically the same group returning . I can't figure if that says alot about Union City's humility. Or us SP posters always being over zealous ! Good luck Tornados.

Sometimes Im perplexed by the UC fan base myself. I guess everyone is just focused on B-ball right now with both boys and girls doing very well. Girls are undefeated and the boys have only lost 3 games. Outside of that it's still difficult to get much excitement out of most of these guys. It's not that we are not proud or nonsupportive because support is overwhelming. Its just a thing of "class" I guess. The crowd from the 80's and 90's (the parents of the players now) had class driven into them each and every day." Act like you've been here before" You here it all the time. So if you are looking for an answer, like I do often, I think that's where it lies. i was not a student of UCHS but Im very proud that my kids are. A great place to live and work.

• 2 weeks later...