Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

Intriguing matchup to say the least. Springfield appears to be riding a wave of confidence and sounds like they are improving each week in the process. HC needs to bring its A-game for this one, because I am sure the Jackets will. There might not be a team in the state that wants to beat HC more than Springfield.

This one should be solid.

Truer words have never been spoken.   But we want to win because Big Red is the best.  You are the true measuring stick.  If we can't beat the Pats we won't have reached our goal.  It is a statement of the up most respect that we have  for your program.

Intriguing matchup to say the least. Springfield appears to be riding a wave of confidence and sounds like they are improving each week in the process. HC needs to bring its A-game for this one, because I am sure the Jackets will. There might not be a team in the state that wants to beat HC more than Springfield.

This one should be solid.

Ok Buddy, your turn.  What can we look for from the Big Red??

Ok Buddy, your turn.  What can we look for from the Big Red??

Strong defense. Very good front 7. D-line typically gets good penetration and the LBs swarm the ball very well. DB's are small but very athletic. We've given up some big plays, but it's a stout unit over all. Probably the best we've had since 2011.

We don't do anything flashy on offense. Our passing game is practically non-existent. Stop our stable of backs, stop our offense. That said, they are well conditioned and we do have legitimate talent and depth in the backfield. They will eventually break a couple if you let them hang around long enough.       

On offense they run a variation of the spread similar to Rossview but the O-line is much better and athletic. They play 2 QBs, 1 being the "passer" and the other the athlete. The athlete passes good enough to keep the defense honest though. They have 3 different guys capable of rushing for over 100 yds which makes the offense effective.....

On defense they are good and fast up front. The WH O-line is very similar to HC tbh, but their RBs are not near as good, their QB however is better and a very good passer. Springfield off-set that by getting a lot of pressure on him. The coaching staff does a great job dialing up stunts to apply pressure and stop the run. The LBs and DBs are fast/quick and sure tacklers.....

I personally dont see a lot of points scored by either side as both teams strengths are defense IMO. Springfield is at home, has momentum, and has lost that "losing" mentality which is most important I believe.....

Jackets win a close one 21-17

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. Your post was so spot on until . . .

I do agree with the Springfield score though. Their scoring 21 sounds about right. Everyone else does.

Edited by FactsOnly

Strong defense. Very good front 7. D-line typically gets good penetration and the LBs swarm the ball very well. DB's are small but very athletic. We've given up some big plays, but it's a stout unit over all. Probably the best we've had since 2011.

We don't do anything flashy on offense. Our passing game is practically non-existent. Stop our stable of backs, stop our offense. That said, they are well conditioned and we do have legitimate talent and depth in the backfield. They will eventually break a couple if you let them hang around long enough.

You failed to mention our twin 115 pound nose guards. Quickest we've ever had.

Boy oh boy! This has shaped to be a great upcoming game! Congrats to Springfield for being undefeated to this point, that is a huge accomplishment and from what I understand its been a long time since you've been there. Definitely something to be proud of!

This is going to be one of the best games on Friday night. I know that the Patriots are going to come to Springfield amped and ready to play an undefeated squad. And for Springfield, they see this as the game of the season for them. The energy and atmosphere is going to be electric! Might even be one for the ages!!!

Go Big RED!!!