Henry County Patriots @ 6-0 Springfield Yellow Jackets

JacketLover

The points that our one common opponent (Clarksville's Northwest Vikings) scored came against our JV. This only proves that The Big Red's JV is better than our JV. Something that surprises none of us. Friday night I am hoping that the Pat's JV don't see any time. If they do we are in trouble. It will be the first time in three years that the HC JV hasn't played against us. We are better than we have been in three very long years. We are playing our best ball right now. To keep it close we will have to play mistake free/penalty free football. In the 9 years I have followed this district we have never beaten Big Red. The closest we came was a 6 point loss in 2010. Both sides of Henry County's line play have dominated us in the past. To win we will have to contain the defensive push and break some long runs. Can we? Yes. Will we? That is why they play on Friday nights. As much as it pains me I say we lose by 6 again..........Red 24 Jackets 18. BUT we gain Big Red's respect.

The last time Springfield beat Gallatin and Henry County in the same year was 1980, I believe. Our resident Springfield historian, Leon, can correct me if I am wrong!

Someone wanted everyone to post a score, do here goes. Somewhat like the Yanker, I cannot go against the Jackets. I say Springfield 27 Henry County 24!!

I'm glad to see several Springfield fans on here. This is a lot better than last week. Keep the posts coming. It makes for an entertaining week.

Go Patriots!!!!

I think I speak for the Springfield fans on here in that we agree! The HC fans are knowledgeable and support their team whole heartedly. It is fun to banter back and forth. You guys keep it honest and respectful (most of you anyway 😂😂) and makes it entertaining. You guys keep it coming as well.

Thanks no need to get so worked up it is just a HS Football game.................albeit a very enjoyable game

Good morning Commissioner; As you can easily see, we are very excited over here about this game just as you guys seem to be. Some of the best back and forth on this thread this year.Most of it is very good, some of it quite funny and very little of it mean spirited. As you say, it's only a game and we mustn't take each other too seriously.

Hope to visit with you Friday night.

GO BIG RED