BigSwo and BigDan Teague. Let's talk about it here

BigSwo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I was referring to NCS who has 6 kids with D1 offers which is very impressive for a 1A private school. Swo or somebody can answer for the UC recruits. Personally, I would think Henry and Moffit are D1 players but not sure who else is being recurited.

According to Coach Bowling,

JaVonte Moffatt is being recruited as D1 defensive back.  Henry is recruited as linebacker, but no D1 offer yet.

Edited by FreeAgent11

Olive branch extended........ i do think you beat my friends from 10a in the semis.

I'm glad. Maybe now we can talk about what this wonderful site was created for. My apologies for the name calling. I am normally more gracious. Let's move forward and support our respective schools. You are certainly entertaining to say the least. I accept the olive branch. Good luck to you and yours. BigSwo out.

No I was referring to NCS who has 6 kids with D1 offers which is very impressive for a 1A private school. Swo or somebody can answer for the UC recruits. Personally, I would think Henry and Moffit are D1 players but not sure who else is being recurited.

I am an NCS supporter and can say without a doubt that six is a stretch...and flat out false if you're looking for kids with official offers. There are the two that are obvious. Then, there are others that are on the radar.

If Henry doesn't get his shot at a regular university, he should push for a shot at one of the military academies. He may be labeled as a system player, but he's the best at what he does. I hope he gets his shot if it's something he wants to do.

I am an NCS supporter and can say without a doubt that six is a stretch...and flat out false if you're looking for kids with official offers. There are the two that are obvious. Then, there are others that are on the radar.

If Henry doesn't get his shot at a regular university, he should push for a shot at one of the military academies. He may be labeled as a system player, but he's the best at what he does. I hope he gets his shot if it's something he wants to do.

Still pretty impressive for a small school. Maybe Henry will do well, cause he is truly a monster.

So you call Big Dan out at 1 am and wonder why he hasnt replied.  Well thats because Big Dan has to sleep and work.  This is simple.  Just tell me that The kids that live in Union City attend elem, mid school, then high school in union city, all of them.  How many kids in union city attend Obion Central?  Tell me what the enrollment would be if all the kids in union city actually went to union city.  I will explain the "advantage" one more time,  Union City has a population that should support a 3 or 4a enrollment.  The county has a 4a school 8 miles down the road.  So they have a much larger population feeding their football program that is not reflected in their total enrollment.  This is what allows Swo to say " well they been here since kindergarten" and he is correct. but the part left out is that the two kids that dont play football on each side of that kindergartner  went to Obion .  to put it in perspective Martin;s population is about the same as union city.  Weakley Co has has 3 singleA schools that service the rest of co (Dresden,Gleason,Greenfield),  So Martin's enrollment comes primarily from the population of the city of Martin. So two cities almost the same size but one is 1a and the other is 3a.   It is a great system to stack a 1a team. Even better than Kennymynats system of work study for the slightly undersized BA/Ensworth free agents.  

Why is this even an issue for you? UC has a city school as well as a county school. We have a lot of "special school districts" in our area. Look at Gibson County schools & South Gibson. I'm almost certain the school board is not looking at athletics in particular when they make these decisions. I know a couple of families personally that didn't like the way the Obion County coach ran the program & transferred their son to UC his freshman year. UC is a rival of ours but I say good for them for having that choice. All of us small Weakley County schools have a choice too. As long as we're willing to transport our kids we can send them wherever we choose even UC.

You all don't forget poor ole South Fulton in this mix....But, if I'm reading the reason UC/OC don't play anymore, it's because UC was tired of OC trying and succeeding at times in recruiting some UC athletes ??...AmiRite ??...

And are ya'll saying there are ZERO kids that live within the Martin city limits that go to Dresden, Greenfield or Gleason H-S ??...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

34 for ncs will have offers coming in by the mailbox full, he's going to be a good one! Very intimidating for a freshman!