Ease up on the refs

Indian

So, if this proposed addition passes, what will the TSSAA do with all the fines collected?

Educate the refs on the rules of football -- better training?

Welp, it's been approved

a. Approved proposed addition to Article I, Section 8 (Responsibility of the Principal) of the TSSAA Bylaws:

Section 8: Member schools are responsible for the conduct of the coaches. Public criticism of game officials by administrators or coaches may result in a fine of $500.00 assessed to the school. Other non-monetary penalties may be assessed by the Executive Director based on the facts.

Voted to add Q&A/examples to the handbook to more clearly define what could warrant a fine.

There were at least five times this past season in games I went to where officials blew the whistle because they thought the ball carrier was tackled but the fakes were so good the QB still had the ball. 

It cost the team probably two touchdowns.  On one particular play the ref blew the play dead and the ball carrier was actually 30 yards down field on the other side of the field. 

There were at least five times this past season in games I went to where officials blew the whistle because they thought the ball carrier was tackled but the fakes were so good the QB still had the ball.

It cost the team probably two touchdowns. On one particular play the ref blew the play dead and the ball carrier was actually 30 yards down field on the other side of the field.

Same exact thing has happened to WC several times over the past few years and never nothing done about it. WC actually got the ball where the ref blew the runner down but he didn't even have the ball!

Quit paying them so much money and maybe you'll get refs on the field that love and know the game instead of a bunch of kids just trying to draw a decent paycheck....just my opinion.

I disagree...I think we should pay them more yet hold them accountable for poor performance  so we can have more people interested in doing it and keeping their job. With the little they make now if TSSAA did hold them accountable for poor performance and fired all the bad ones there wouldn't be enough to go around and low pay would not entice others to fill the vacancy.

p.s. I'm not a ref...lol

• Upvote 1

I disagree...I think we should pay them more yet hold them accountable for poor performance so we can have more people interested in doing it and keeping their job. With the little they make now if TSSAA did hold them accountable for poor performance and fired all the bad ones there wouldn't be enough to go around and low pay would not entice others to fill the vacancy.

p.s. I'm not a ref...lol

I could go for that. There is just way to many on the field that know nothing about the game. You see it week after week.

I disagree...I think we should pay them more yet hold them accountable for poor performance  so we can have more people interested in doing it and keeping their job. With the little they make now if TSSAA did hold them accountable for poor performance and fired all the bad ones there wouldn't be enough to go around and low pay would not entice others to fill the vacancy.

p.s. I'm not a ref...lol

AGREE

I could go for that. There is just way to many on the field that know nothing about the game. You see it week after week.

like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" ...like I said earlier most don't even know the basic rules let alone the lesser known and definitely don't know how to separate high school , college and pro rules. TSSAA has a hard time getting and keeping good officials try paying em more for a while!