William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maupin made a few throws that were D1 worthy. Kid has an arm, and great mobility. Tough runner as well.

Great young man as well as a super athlete .I really like to see kids like that to do good in life, nomatter if they play sports or not.There are so many smart azz kids these days that have no respect for their parents or anyone else. 

Edited by BatmanDB

hincke,  you guys have a good team.  solid in all areas.  Should be 8-2 and even better next year.  Especially impressed with qb.  Maupin is a great player. 

Thanks ORCat.  I know you all said it early on, but your defense is impressive.  Is #9 being recruited as a TE/WR or DE?

Good luck the rest of the way.

You had DB beating us worse than that!  DB wins 21+

My only reason for the shootout scoring prediction was because I thought you all would take advantage of some of the personnel mis-matches, In only had us winning by 3 points, I just thought we would have to score a lot to stay in the game with you.

Our offense is a work in progress.   I knew they would struggle against a good D.  But I felt our D and kicking game would give us a chance to win. 

#9 will most likely be DE in college, but they could put about 50 lbs on him and move him inside.  I think most schools are just recruiting him because he's 6'-5"  260 and he's a good athlete that moves well.  Whoever ends up with him will have to decide where they need him.  I don't think he will play receiver in college.  Tight end is a possibility.

No way will DB let up in the 2nd half, they learned a painful lesson about doing that (see below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

I haven't watched your youtube link, but my guess is that this is of the Sevier County game a couple years back. 

As we have heard, DB is young and with a young team you put in as many young guys as possible in a game.  So I think if DB has a chance to put in some of their young talent in the 2nd half that they will, as long as the game is still under control.