District 7A tournament

UCSportsFan

This should be one of the most highly contested tournaments in the history of 7A.  All four teams are good and there isn't much separation from 1-4.  I am leaving out Monterey because i don't believe they can win a game.  Nothing against them but they just don't have the horses.  

Game 1 of the semi's will be Picket vs Clay :  Who you got in this one and why?

Game 2 of the semi's will be Clarkrange vs. Jackson Co.  Who you got in this one and why?

I'll give my predictions and i'm sure i'm going to shock some people but i'll take Clay over Pickett by 7 in the first game and Jackson Co. over CR by 6 in the second game.

Finals will be Clay vs JC and i look for a great game here, not ready to pick a winner just yet on this one.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay over Pickett by 10+. Look for Wyatt Mabrey to have big games and a good tournament. Pickett just doesn't have what it takes to win this one. Clay beat them by 25 at home and 12+ at Pickett. Key is going to score as he does normally as that's a given.

I am taking CR over JC by 5. This game depends on if JC shows up or not. I feel Coe is a liability as he really tries to do way to much compared to his ability. If JC #11 has a good game then JC can win.

I truthfully think on a neutral court Clay wins the district and region both on the back of Key.

Edited by Shozen

I'll take Monterey over Pickett county In a close game. Pickett has underachieved up to this point IMO. Monterey is hungry for a win and have some talent espicially the west kid he can shoot. Jackson should beat clarkrange but Coach Pile's team always seems to be playing well going into the tournaments. If Flynn doesn't gameplan right, which has been known to happen, then Crange might leave Livingston playing Clay county in the championship.

I'll take Monterey over Pickett county In a close game. Pickett has underachieved up to this point IMO. Monterey is hungry for a win and have some talent espicially the west kid he can shoot. Jackson should beat clarkrange but Coach Pile's team always seems to be playing well going into the tournaments. If Flynn doesn't gameplan right, which has been known to happen, then Crange might leave Livingston playing Clay county in the championship.

PC won against Monterey tonight (2-16). Score was 67 - 54.

Clay is one of the best 7A teams in years and deserve their #2 state ranking. PC matched them point for point (with a 5 point lead at one time) at home for 3 quarters but CC pulled away for their win. It would take the Bobcats' best game of the year to pull an upset. Trent Young has been very impressive and sparked them last night when they were struggling. Monterey may not be as good as the rest, but outside of 7A they were 12-10. They deserve credit and are not a bad team. I think our #4 team could beat 8A's #1 team in the region...a possible 7A sweep.

I agree...John Michael kept us in the game. If they play like they did though in the 4th quarter, they'll be fine. We need a strong game by Blake Hughes, threes by Dawson, Trent playing the way he has been lately, John Michael playing like last night (and most every game), Brian having another big game and Ben continuing to play outstanding defense. People forget that they start 2 or 3 sophs...

Clay is one of the best 7A teams in years and deserve their #2 state ranking. PC matched them point for point (with a 5 point lead at one time) at home for 3 quarters but CC pulled away for their win. It would take the Bobcats' best game of the year to pull an upset. Trent Young has been very impressive and sparked them last night when they were struggling. Monterey may not be as good as the rest, but outside of 7A they were 12-10. They deserve credit and are not a bad team. I think our #4 team could beat 8A's #1 team in the region...a possible 7A sweep.

I agree 100%.  I  went and watched the game last week between Goodpasture and Watertown and our top 4 are as good or better than either of those two teams.  Watertown will undoubtedly be the top seed, and they could definitely be a threat as they are well coached, would love to see Gordonsville win tomorrow night and have the private school travel but even if they don't i doubt they can win without help.   :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

You saw Goodpasture's worst game of the year. They also just lost a starter to a back injury.

I'm sure since you follow them that you know more than i do, however i seen enough during this game to know that any of the 4 teams left in 7A can beat them, but as we all know if they get a home game then they will be a tough opponent in Madison.  This isn't the same team of a couple of years ago that's for sure.  Did they lose one of their starters after that game?  They obviously have talent on the team no question there but their talent level isn't any higher and definitely not as high as Clay County's.  We all have to get there first so good luck to you and your team and we'll see you in a week or so.  :popcorneater: