Team camps

dmm88

30 minutes ago, BullShark said:

I saw several of these teams as well and agree on all.  Add to single A, Peabody, Dresden an Pickett.  All 3 looked real solid. I also caught just a glimpse of Huntington. I think they will compete well again this season. 

Agree with you! Saw Peabody knock off Gleason by +10 and heard they beat Macon Co by +15 and played really well at MTSU vs. some very solid teams from AA and AAA. With the amount of subbing I saw Coach Hart do it makes me think Peabody will be very solid again when it comes crunch time during the season. Dresden will be very tough as well from 2 games I saw them play. The girl from Clarksburg will really help them. Funny how teams get transfers in... lol. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/8/2017 at 5:00 PM, BullShark said:

I saw several of these teams as well and agree on all.  Add to single A, Peabody, Dresden an Pickett.  All 3 looked real solid. I also caught just a glimpse of Huntington. I think they will compete well again this season. 

Add Summertown to the possible contenders... they lost 1 senior from their state final 4 team.. beat the fore mentioned Greenfield this summer.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:33 PM, BABABA said:

Agree with you! Saw Peabody knock off Gleason by +10 and heard they beat Macon Co by +15 and played really well at MTSU vs. some very solid teams from AA and AAA. With the amount of subbing I saw Coach Hart do it makes me think Peabody will be very solid again when it comes crunch time during the season. Dresden will be very tough as well from 2 games I saw them play. The girl from Clarksburg will really help them. Funny how teams get transfers in... lol. 

Agree.  The Clarksburg kid will help replace the senior leadership they lost in their senior point guard from last year.  They will be tough!!

On 7/2/2017 at 9:56 PM, GCPioneer said:

The best teams I've seen at a few of the team camps I attended...

Triple A:

Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Houston, Memphis Central, Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

Double A:

Cumberland County, East Nashville, Westview, South Greene, Page, Macon County

Single A:

Greenfield, Gleason, Clarkrange

Macon will probably finish second in a loaded district. 

Upperman will most likely win the district with Macon 2nd and look for York to be improved. The district will be about as it was last year. Watertown may have some growing pains but they did beat DC in hall of fame game last season.

UHS

MC

LA

YI

SC

DC

CC

WT

On 7/22/2017 at 3:09 PM, UTRok said:

Upperman will most likely win the district with Macon 2nd and look for York to be improved. The district will be about as it was last year. Watertown may have some growing pains but they did beat DC in hall of fame game last season.

UHS

MC

LA

YI

SC

DC

CC

WT

I saw Upperman and Macon Co., and unless Levy gets help, Macon is the better team. Levy is the best player in AA, but I feel comfortable in saying that Macon was better. Only my opinion though...

On 7/2/2017 at 9:56 PM, GCPioneer said:

The best teams I've seen at a few of the team camps I attended...

Triple A:

Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Houston, Memphis Central, Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

Double A:

Cumberland County, East Nashville, Westview, South Greene, Page, Macon County

Single A:

Greenfield, Gleason, Clarkrange

Leaving Pickett County out  is a big mistake. They are loaded again. They have a possible Miss Basketball candidate in Courtney Pritchett and have another scoring machine Aalyiah Brown, District 7A defensive MVP Gracie Martin, and all around threat Savannah Hammock plus a very deep bench of talented players including a freshman group which won 2 junior high state tournaments in a row and had 3 players on a national AAU championship team. They played state champion South Greene the closest of any team in the state tournament including 2nd place Clarkrange. They are most likely better than last year and much deeper in talent. They will be the team to beat.

On 7/25/2017 at 0:06 PM, UTRok said:

Your going off of what you saw over the summer? Was Hurst playing with Upperman?

Yes, at MTSU team camp.... based off of overall talent alone, I feel like Macon is a better team (my opinion), but, like I said, Levy is the best player in AA and capable of beating anyone. 

My PERSONAL OPINION, based off of what I saw, I feel like Macon is the better overall team.