2017-2018 AAA Top Teams

ballinup90

With the season around the corner, who are some of the top teams in AAA?

Here's my personal top 5

1.) Riverdale - No surprise here - Ending as the #1 in the nation the Lady Warriors are well equip for a 3-Peat with the Haynes , Whittington sisters, and Vandy signee Alexander.  They're simple better than anyone else. Can they be knocked off?

2.) Memphis Central  - With a lot of the returning cast and a great TSSAA state run, Central will be hungry for another chance at the title lead by Jireh Washington & her young and talented team

3.) Oak Ridge - This East Tennessee team is a force to be dealt with, they have all the pieces in place to have a successful season. They also have great players in Dowdell & Guinn who will both toss up big numbers this season.

4.) Houston -  Jayla Hemingway  is one of the best players in the state and will lead her team to Murfreesboro in March.

5.) Cane Ridge - This will be a 'surprise team' that many people don't know much about. They have a brand new team and a lot of transfers that will have a instant impact. Kendeni Hambrick  from CPA is now eligible to play after transferring. Should be an intriguing group to watch.

Anymore AAA teams that we should keep an eye out on this season?

Edited by ballinup90

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Here's my personal top 5

1.) Riverdale - No surprise here - Ending as the #1 in the nation the Lady Warriors are well equip for a 3-Peat with the Haynes , Whittington sisters, and Vandy signee Alexander.  They're simple better than anyone else. Can they be knocked off?

2.) Memphis Central  - With a lot of the returning cast and a great TSSAA state run, Central will be hungry for another chance at the title lead by Jireh Washington & her young and talented team

3.) Oak Ridge - This East Tennessee team is a force to be dealt with, they have all the pieces in place to have a successful season. They also have great players in Dowdell & Guinn who will both toss up big numbers this season.

4.) Houston -  Jayla Hemingway  is one of the best players in the state and will lead her team to Murfreesboro in March.

5.) Cane Ridge - This will be a 'surprise team' that many people don't know much about. They have a brand new team and a lot of transfers that will have a instant impact. Kendeni Hambrick  from CPA is now eligible to play after transferring. Should be an intriguing group to watch.

No offence to Cane Ridge, but they're going to have to have more transfers than Hambrick if they're competing in AAA.

Sleeper AAA teams are Arlington and Lebanon.

5 hours ago, allabouttheO said:

25 to 50 Riverdale but Cane Ridge is a very tough team and played alot better ball than the score indicates.

I watched it... Cane Ridge is athletic and has solid players across the floor... how many transfers total on that team? Hambrick, X, Dismukes, who else...?

Edited by GCPioneer

13 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I watched it... Cane Ridge is athletic and has solid players across the floor... how many transfers total on that team? Hambrick, X, Dismukes, who else...?

Cane Ridge has talent. I believe they have at least 5-6 transfers. They do lack post play, which will eventually hurt them in AAA. 

I am a Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat fan and I agree we have a solid team and Riverdale and Memphis Central should be ranked ahead of them right now. However, come State Tournament time who knows? 

Other teams to watch would be Bradley Central, Morristown West and Greeneville. I read an article that said Knoxville Bearden is poised to make a push.

If things play out as expected, could this be one of the best Girls Class AAA Basketball Tournaments ever? 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:38 PM, ballinup90 said:

Here's my personal top 5

You definitely should include Bradley Central.  They are loaded.

I wouldn't say that Bradley central is loaded but we do have allot of talent in the nation's top 10 5 star player and kentucky signee rhyme howard, they also have camia carter, hallie lombard, a great post prescence and the other Hughes girl. Rhyne is their only senior however so the next couple years they should be greag. They did beat oak ridge in last preseason game last friday. I'd put them in top 10 based on their talent and experience but they aren't as good as last year.   

4 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

I wouldn't say that Bradley central is loaded but we do have allot of talent in the nation's top 10 5 star player and kentucky signee rhyme howard, they also have camia carter, hallie lombard, a great post prescence and the other Hughes girl. Rhyne is their only senior however so the next couple years they should be greag. They did beat oak ridge in last preseason game last friday. I'd put them in top 10 based on their talent and experience but they aren't as good as last year.   

Bradley lost a lot of scorers from last year's team so they might not be as good early in the season, but if these new starters step up they could be pretty good by sub-state time. Their region once again isn't that strong so they should easily win it.