Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND....

Only a very very very very very very very very very small number of Oak Ridge fans post on CoachT.com so to base how ALL Oak Ridge fans are felling about the search for a new head coach on the messages here is silly.

I'm sure some people are hoping that the Oak Ridge community is divided over this but come next season they will be sadly mistaken.

OAK RIDGE WILL ONCE AGAIN TAKE THE FIELD AS ONE IN 2005!

~~Roll Wildcat Roll, no matter who is the coach.

Worried are you AER?  ;)  :(

825642353[/snapback]

It is going to be interesting to see who they choose now. Before it gets embarrasing the committee should step up and name Stevens as coach. There is no need to drag it out; move on to your next choice, which should be Stevens. He has a proven record and managed to build a solid program since taking over @ A-E.

The way I seeonly one selection makes sense, that is Offensive Coordinator Ron Gray. He has proven himself as a great coach for more than 10 years at Oak Ridge. He has great bonds with his players. Also he knows Oak Ridge Football. Of all that are out there he is my pick. He will make a very easy transion because he is already there and everyone already knows him. But for now it is all a guessing game until the offical word is out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

oakridgefootball.net for the latest in Oak Ridge Football

Edited by orwildcatfan

Catscractch,

My point to you is if he left the program to pursue another job, fine. But let me ask you this, why would you leave a job like Oak Ridge? If he truly loved Oak Ridge and the tradition, why leave? Unless the rumors are true. But thats right only you know why he left. To pursue another opportunity. thumb

I do believe in second chances as I put in my earlier posts (but we have all now established you do not read posts before responding). I just do not think he deserves one at Oak RIdge. He left (according to you). Period. Would I support Oak RIdge if COach Gaddis was hired, Absolutely. I just do not think he is what is best for the program.

Everyone has their own opinion on who is best for the Oak RIdge program. But truly no one knows until that coach steps on the field Friday night and produces. The coach that is selected will have a load of talent for 2005, so it should not be that difficult to win immediately.

All I can say is, ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Worried are you AER?  ;)  ;)

825642353[/snapback]

Yes, he's well respected as the coach of the Roadrunners!! I personally, would hate to see him leave but like someone stated, he lives in Oak Ridge so if he had the oppurtunity like he has, I believe he'll take it... He'll be hard to replace him but I'm thinking like no other person, If Stevens does get the OR job, I think Coach Graham will stay back at AE and take over. I mean, many of the players at AE like Graham and they won't have to adjust to a new coach if G stays but who knows Stevens might take G with him... I'm just hoping OR hurry up and make their decision so us AE folks can start getting excited about the season. Right now we're playing the waiting game because we're trying to see what's up with Stevens..

orwildcatfan, we all respect everyones opinion on here but can't always agree. Ronnie has had a run at putting up some points at Oak Ridge but has choked when it counted the most. I am almost bald from pulling my hair out watching Ron get delay of game five yarders......Let's get a coach who can get a darn play called in time without hurting the teams chances.

Didn't he get in trouble for his heavy campaining pressuring players to get their parents to e-mail the AD and Super?........Promising assistant coaches jobs ect.

Look at his stats when he is at the helm at Jefferson...terrible.....freshman...terrible.....JV....terrible.ionk...ionk...ionk

Successful Head coaches are a different breed!

God bless the Wildcats.

if you know so much more then who do u beilieve should be coach. and no he hasnt pressure ppl to send stuff the ad or anyone else. you sit up there and citize every thing a coach does. ive played for this man and he is a great coach he has the smarts X and o wise shown in way he runs a very complex offensive package, also a great moviator and somone who can prepare and moviate you for a game. dont remeber to many penalties flags last yr. Coach Gray is a great guy and coach and he has worked harder and cares more it then anyone else y ou will fine. lets up all this gets over with and we can get to spring practice.

Big cats

Edited by orwildcatfan

if you know so much more then  who do u beilieve should be coach. and no he hasnt pressure ppl to send stuff the ad or anyone else. you sit up there and citize every thing a coach does. ive played for this man and he is a great coach he has the smarts X and o wise shown in way he runs a very complex offensive package, also a great moviator and somone who can prepare and moviate you for a game. dont remeber to many penalties flags last yr. Coach Grey is a great guy and coach and he has worked harder and cares more it then anyone else y ou will fine. lets up all this gets over with and we can get to spring practice.

Big cats

825642563[/snapback]

orcatfan....you played what position?????

I think you are related.