Oak Ridge

gridiron13

good post and all but no way does ae team beat an oak ridge team.  its a big jump from 3a to 5a. its whole different game at the top.

825643515[/snapback]

There's not a difference in football. They have to tackle the same, run the same, suit up the same, score the same; There's no difference.

However, the difference is Oak Ridge has more students then AE. Don't get on here saying OR would beat AE because AE is 3A, there's not a difference.

Now either talk more about Coach Stevens or go ahead and tell him he won't get the job so he can get his Roadrunners up and running. Let's GO AE!! It's been to long and OR should've named a coach by now.

Edited by AERoadrunners

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3A isn't even close to 5A?

Didn't a bunch of slow farm boys at AC (3A school) beat OR at home about three years ago. It was not a runaway, but it was sound. Also the previous year to that game, AC lost to OR only in the final two minutes by two points.

I'm not trying to bash OR, but making a bush league comparison to 3A is wrong. Stevens is a fantastic coach and very deserving of the job. If he is not strongly considered for the job, then OR isn't as full of rocket scientists as everyone thinks.

Answer this, was George Quarles any more a proven candidate for the Maryville position as Stevens is the OR job.

Edited by colonel

bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa bigpapa,

I really feel sorry for you. Being such an ignorant, misinformed, loser must weigh on you.

I can see you don't know who I am or Catpack either. I'm not totally sure who Catscratch is but I have a good idea, but I doubt you know them either. But as for Catpack and myself neither of us had a son or "daughter" who had a career that fizzeled. So get a spoon bigpapa!

Oak Ridge is once again showing it's arrogance. They without a doubt are a great program and tradition. But it is taking them almost 2 months to select a coach. AE now will have to hurry to find a coach by next season. Not very respectful. Also msot of the coaches will have already have accepted jobs by now. This is ridiculous. The good thing is Coach Graham a former Oak Ridge standout is not leaving. He gave me his word on that. He will not go back to Oak Ridge. Therefore he can manage the ship until an appropriate coach is named. But the kids will have to adjust and there is no way to know if the new coach will bring his on staff and get rid of a lot of the coaches at AE including Graham. It seems to me that the logical 2 choices from the beginning are now being called back. You could have saved a lot of time by naming these two two weeks after applications were submitted. It seems to me like the AD is doing everything he can not to hire either one of them. Good luck!

boorelly, the process is long but we must applaud Chuck for taking the time, forming an advisory committe to try and find the best coach for Oak Ridge.

THE LAST "PROCESS" the FORMER A/D was a JOKE. I think he thought it was a make-up call. Not only was it a joke but several fantastic candidates were disrespected to be nice about it. Carringer has too much class to pull a stunt like that. Too bad they feel they have to keep the choices a secret although it does help more coaches apply without making their current employers upset.

Roll Cats!

boorelly,

remember UT knew Buzz was on thin ice and the ball was already rolling. Oak Ridge had no idea there was going to be an opening.

shaggnasty.......I'm with you on Emory, Chick and Paul. That would be a riot!

825643900[/snapback]

Good point. I just hate that our program and kids are put in a bad situation.

i think coach carringer has done a fine job handling all the pressure of picking a new coach, taking care of his normal duties, and acting as principal on most days during the week. while i do wish we had a coach by now i still think that he and the committee have done all they can and will make their choice soon. whoever it is that they choose i will support them and hope that true oak ridge fans feel the same. if i had my choice i would bring back the winningest coach in OR history: Joe Gaddis.