PAIN TRAIN COMIN THRU

2priceless

Oh you are correct, the TSSAA leaves it up to the school superintendent to accept or deny zone exemptions in their school district. If the school superintendent decides that a kid who lives in one zone should get to attend school and play sports in the other zone, that is their decision to make.(The TSSAA has nothing to do with that.) Obviously they were passed out like candy in the past when Hulan was the superintendent. I personally disagree with giving them. I feel like one should play in the school they are zoned. Why do you have zone lines if you are not going to enforce them? So just have open enrollment if some get them and some don't. In the last week or so, 3 students left Siegel High to come to OHS. All 3 were baseball players. One was approved and the other 2 denied......they were told that you could not change schools if you are an athlete. I think everyone understood that these kids would have to sit out to play baseball and were willing to do so .Nolan fought the transfers. They were still denied and told it was because they were athletes. Earlier.........2 Blackman football players were given zone exemptions to attend Smyrna. Their principal also refused to sign the exemption, but both went to the superintendent and they both received the exemptions.

I guess what I am attempting to say in a roundabout way is that either you approve them all or you deny them all. Otherwise the county is setting themselves up for a discrimination lawsuit.

My solution is to require the athletes or chess players or whoever to live in their zone lines. Afterall they spend tons of our taxpayer's money setting up these lines, only to bend them the way that they see fit. And I feel the same way about OHS...if you want to go to the school that badly, you should be willing to move to do it.

tdntn..........I think the world of your brother. You can ask him if you don't believe me b/c he knows that I do. The ASSASSIN is definitely my boy. He told me that you live in the OHS zone and that he received a zone exemption to play basketball for RHS. Unless the lines changed, you are also in our zone. As long as the superintendent says it is okay, we have to abide by that ruling. But we don't have to put up with you coming on here and slicing on our team. We will fight back any way we have to on here.

As for olandpats, he put himself on the football battlefield for the red, white, and blue for 4 yrs. His heart belongs to OHS even tho he is no longer a student there. We don't have hordes of fans on here, so we definitely appreciate his support. We welcome him with open arms just as I hope you do to your fans, even the " numbed up Dr and Croachie! As you say it is a message board.....he has the right to defend his school on OUR school's thread when you attack him or us. You guys seems to be the ones who are getting defensive around here.

And guess what???

PAIN TRAIN IS COMIN THRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU whether you like it or NOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Edited by 2priceless

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stirring, almost moving defense of olandpats. However, who have I attacked?

Anyway, enough of that crap.

2priceless, remember that there was a Superintendent of Schools before Hulon Watson who also liberally dished out the exemptions. Whether it's right or wrong to do so, it is the politically convenient option. Who was the Superintendent before Hulon Watson? Roy Ragsdale - former band director at OAKLAND. So once again, it all works both ways.

I'm a ex-Patroit.I hope the Murfreesboro Oakland and Riverdale game can return to what it was in the late 1980's. A few points of history. 1) Antonhy Mitchell didn't live out of the Oakland zone.Al Mitchell did,but had a brother and sister go to Murfreesboro Oakland. His mother wanted him there. 2) The 98 defense was good, but couldn't match the 88 and 89 defenses. 3)Is it true that Oakland played Beech this spring, were beaten badly. Good Luck this season Pats.

A stirring, almost moving defense of olandpats. However,  who have I attacked?

Anyway, enough of that crap.

2priceless, remember that there was a Superintendent of Schools before Hulon Watson who also liberally dished out the exemptions. Whether it's right or wrong to do so, it is the politically convenient option. Who was the Superintendent before Hulon Watson? Roy Ragsdale - former band director at OAKLAND. So once again, it all works both ways.

825655304[/snapback]

If memory serves me correctly, Ragsdale came from KY. His wife received a job when he moved here at CMS as a teacher. He was not an elected official, was appointed I believe by a committee? Bottom line, I do not believe in zone exemptions no matter who they benefit. When my son played, it was never an option. He simply played for the school he was zoned for....OHS. Most of his friends played for RHS. I am very knowledgeable about who lived where and attended where at that time frame. Several of those were friends of my son....so you will not see me naming their names nor trashing any of them on here. But I will tell you I was happy that they got a ring in 97 and my son got his in 98.

Now kind Dr, let me just throw this one out....you have made a total of 8 posts. Seven of them have been on this very thread. Now do you possibly see why my boy, oland, made the comment that he did about you? Maybe you want to 'share the wealth " around a bit. You know attack maybe Oak Ridge or Cookeville to make yourself a bit more credible?

I'm a ex-Patroit.I hope the Murfreesboro Oakland and Riverdale game can return to what it was in the late 1980's. A few points of history. 1) Antonhy Mitchell didn't live out of the Oakland zone.Al Mitchell did,but had a brother and sister go to Murfreesboro Oakland. His mother wanted him there. 2) The 98 defense was good, but couldn't match the 88 and 89 defenses. 3)Is it true that Oakland played Beech this spring, were beaten badly. Good Luck this season Pats.

825655322[/snapback]

OHS allowed Beech to capitalize on their turnovers to score. Beech never , not once scored on OHS's D.In fact OHS held them easily on goaline for 4 plays after Beech was tackled running back an INT. They only scored on the OHS O. we scored twice on Beech on a long run by Cord Cowan and a great pass play by Sam Youree.

Jscott...when did you play for OHS? I moved here in time to see the great teams of 88 and 89. Cemented my love for OHS football right then and there. I am a definite defensive man.....and Coach Hughes was one of the best Defensive minds around. Out current DC actually played for Hughes at Middle, so he has the same mind-set as Hughes and was the DC for the Lebanon program when OHS and LHS had the greatest battles. I hope that you will jump in there and support these kids. They are going to make you proud.

And once again, I have attacked.....who????? The only person I will "attack" is myself via self-deprecating humor. Just look at my ID!

And stop looking at my posts. I get really paranoid!

825655331[/snapback]

Look I do not have the time to go back and dissect and analyze your posts. You are cricizing both OHS and oland...we take that as an attack. So not only are you sensitive, but you are also paranoid? GEEZ......don't want you working on my 'teeth!" :D

Remember these names...Precious Valentine, Sam Bass, Chucky Mc Cord, and Quincy Williams......names that will be part of the dynasty we are building at OHS.

825655342[/snapback]

I think i mentoned bass and valentine being potential D1 players if they work hard so i am aware of those 2 kids i have heard of mcord also but i thought he was zoned RHS i am probably wrong but that is ok i am not familiar with williams though did he play at central also? and just a quick reminder when the crawford twins went to oakland they were real excited about them but they didnt ever do much against RIVERDALE

I think i mentoned bass and valentine being potential D1 players if they work hard so i am aware of those 2 kids i have heard of mcord also but i thought he was zoned RHS i am probably wrong but that is ok i am not familiar with williams though did he play at central also? and just a quick reminder when the crawford twins went to oakland they were real excited about them but they didnt ever do much against RIVERDALE

825655368[/snapback]

Then why did Carlos receive the MVP of the Region then? You might want to re-check your game video, Marease did not play his senior year due to grades.That was a great loss to us, esp since we only had 33 players that year. His Jr year he laid a lick on at the RHS game that was so hi-light worthy that they even put it in Slow Mo on the tape so you could see the viciousness of the hit.I guarantee he was remembered for that hit at RHS. It was definitely discussed on this forum.AND... Who do you think caught one of Britton's 2 INT's that game?? Remember he had not had any INT's in 14 games prior to ours.But BAMMMMMMMMM....2 really quickly. He definitely did NOT like to get hit and got rattled. I might mention that we were the first to INT Dave this yr too. Maybe these things would mean nothing to the U of R , but we are really proud of them.

Quincy was the QB of the CMS champ team this yr. He and Precious have quite a chemistry so we are really fortunate to get both. All 4 of the young men mentioned are definitely in the OHS zone. Coach Ferg is always careful to check those kinds of things.

If memory serves me correctly, Ragsdale came from KY. His wife received a job when he moved here at CMS as a teacher. He was not an elected official, was appointed I believe by a committee? Bottom line, I do not believe in zone exemptions no matter who they benefit. When my son played, it was never an option. He simply played for the school he was zoned for....OHS. Most of his friends played for RHS. I am very knowledgeable about who lived where and attended where at that time frame. Several of those were friends of my son....so you will not see me naming their names nor trashing any of  them on here. But I will tell you I was happy that they got a ring in 97 and my son got his in 98.

Now kind Dr, let me just throw this one out....you have made a total of 8 posts. Seven of them have been on this very thread. Now do you possibly see why my boy, oland, made the comment that he did about you? Maybe you want to 'share the wealth " around a bit. You know attack maybe Oak Ridge or Cookeville to make yourself a bit more credible?

825655326[/snapback]

Hey now!! Don't be putting him on my boys! I might have to send my boy and fuggly down there after you if you do! :D You think you had problems over Thanksgiving weekend...I wouldn't even want to be in the same county, if those two monsters ever decided to throw down! ;)