Josh McMurray Page 226att 1706yds 20TD

Cedric Wilkerson Northwest 259att 1663yds 21TD

Ross Coffee Davidson Acad. 235att 1649yds 21TD

Derrian Waters Franklin 239att 1534yds 14TD

Chris Shiverdecker- Jefferson Co 1726yds 249att 6.9ypc 21TD

Special thanks to

Knoxnews.com

Tennessean.com

Guess I have been doing it wrong for 16 years, but when keeping stats, I do it for the entire season. If that includes playoffs - then it includes playoffs.

Spencer finished with 2,058 last year if I am not mistaken. Look at his attempts and it was evident that he was done by halftime in many of those games. Lot of good running backs in 5A, no doubt about that.

Edited by TankTalk

Guess I have been doing it wrong for 16 years, but when keeping stats, I do it for the entire season. If that includes playoffs - then it includes playoffs.

Spencer finished with 2,058 last year if I am not mistaken. Look at his attempts and it was evident that he was done by halftime in many of those games. Lot of good running backs in 5A, no doubt about that.

825645330[/snapback]

How is that fair to players who's team doesn`t make the playoff? The Mr. Football, All-State, All-Region, All American awards are based on regular season stats, state records are also based on regular season stats. You can`t compare players who don`t have the same number of games in a season. An extra 5 games can help the player that reaches that 5th game, but what about the player who only plays 3 or 4 games in the post season?

How is that fair to players who's team doesn`t make the playoff? The Mr. Football, All-State, All-Region, All American awards are based on regular season stats, state records are also based on regular season stats. You can`t compare players who don`t have the same number of games in a season. An extra 5 games can help the player that reaches that 5th game, but what about the player who only plays 3 or 4 games in the post season?

825645393[/snapback]

YO DAWG, PLAYOFF STATS SHOULD TOTALED INTO THE SEASON STATS. DONT HATE IF GULMIRE GOT MORE YARDS THAN SHIVERDECKER.

HOLLA

Back to the original topic...Shiverdecker is the best Junior back in the state.  Gulmire is the only other one of the top returners i have watched play.  Gulmire is great too, like JC4Life, i dont think that i can pick between the 2.  If Gulmire has any edge, it is due to his experience in the big game.

825644387[/snapback]

Ooltewah D. Caldwell

check out ooltewahfootball.com for highlight video

I don't think you compare that extra game or two. Total numbers have never really factored into my equasion anyway. Some running backs don't play as tough as competition as others. Should we penalize them as well? Perhaps.

Look at yards per carry ... that's a pretty good way to compare 5A backs. I think it's stupid to not use playoff success in the Mr. Football award. Should a Mr. Football winner not also be good enough to lead their team deep into the playoffs?

*shrug* I think so ... but that's just an opinion.

I have seen many running backs on the high school level in Tennessee. There are some really good ones. I had the honor of seeing Spencer at the tail end of the season last year and he is as good on the high school level that I have ever seen. Of course, my work has been in East Tennessee for the most part, so I can't in good conscience come on here and say who is the best back in 5A this year.

I wouldn't trade Gulmire for anyone, however.

825645393[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if its coincidence that Jefferson Co's record greatly declined when Euverard took over. Seing how you Oakland fans think Euverard is a football god, you can have him back for all I care. Going 6-4 and missing the playoffs may be acceptable to Oakland but its not at Jefferson Co. BTW, Euverard was supported from the moment he got here, but he has yet to prove himself enough to be cherished. Its hard to cherished someone who drives away players which leads to bad records.

FYI>>>> Jeff. County did not make the Playoffs last Season. Finishing 5th in Region 1 5A (Dobyns-Bennett, Cambell Co., Karns and Sevier County) represented Region1 5A in the Playoffs, Jeff Co. was excused. If this season is without last season's experienced O-Line, it will be a long year for the Patriots, no matter who is the Tailback, good back or bad back.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

1. Gaston Miller

2. Preston Brown

3. Dewayne Caldwell

4. Spencer Gulmire

5. Chris Shiverdecker

825644984[/snapback]

I would have to put Preston Brown as the #1 back. He is bigger and stronger than Gaston Miller. Evidence of speed came at a track meet where Brown and Coker beat Miller by at least 10 yds. Last season, played with Coker, didn't carry the ball as much, but averaged over 7 tough yds/ carry. Will be featured back and a monster on offense and defense.