Best 5A runningback

BiggieEarl01

Guess I have been doing it wrong for 16 years, but when keeping stats, I do it for the entire season. If that includes playoffs - then it includes playoffs.

Spencer finished with 2,058 last year if I am not mistaken. Look at his attempts and it was evident that he was done by halftime in many of those games. Lot of good running backs in 5A, no doubt about that.

825645330[/snapback]

That's fine for your player...but it's impossible to compare two STUD running back s when one has 3000 yards because they played 5 extra games vs the other having 2000. Understand?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry, but I have compared the two "stud" running backs in question ... and have made my selection. It was a tough one, but it has been made. Best of luck to both of them this season.

How do they compare on yards per carry? I don't really know. I wouldn't hold it against your running back if his team had deep-playoff success, by the way.

he migh teat his lunch but but shiverdecker would also be eating glly's dust...shiverdecker is an excellent back...but gully is in another class above him...

825645932[/snapback]

let's not forget Chris Johnson at Campbell County...he may not be as big as some of the other backs mentioned here...but he did lead CC to their first time ever playoff trip in pads...he will only be a junior next year i do believe...

I would have to put Preston Brown as the #1 back.  He is bigger and stronger than Gaston Miller.  Evidence of speed came at a track meet where Brown and Coker beat Miller by at least 10 yds.  Last season, played with Coker, didn't carry the ball as much, but averaged over 7 tough yds/ carry.  Will be featured back and a monster on offense and defense.

825645749[/snapback]

Speed isn't everything. Miller averaged over 10 yards a carry. I am more interested in how far the back goes than how fast he gets there.

I will agree with you though - Brown is a really good one, and may end up the best of the bunch.

Riverdale[/url]' date='Apr 13 2005 - 12:35 PM']Speed isn't everything.  Miller averaged over 10 yards a carry.  I am more interested in how far the back goes than how fast he gets there.

I will agree  with you though - Brown is a really good one, and may end up the best of the bunch.

825646054[/snapback]

Here is the thing i like about Gaston(and i may get lynched by other oakland folks for saying something positive bout an RHS player) but for as small as gaston is, the kid always falls forward. Hes a lot stronger than most people think

he migh teat his lunch but but shiverdecker would also be eating glly's dust...shiverdecker is an excellent back...but gully is in another class above him...

825645932[/snapback]

At this point in their careers I would agree that Miller and Spencer are ahead of everyone else. What some fail to see is the Chris was just a sophmore last year, HE WILL GET BETTER.

Preston Brown is the best RB in the state, bar none. Gaston Miller and Gullmire are tough, tough backs, but isn't every RB that plays for Oak Ridge or Riverdale productive? Preston can run through you, around you, and may be the most dangerous open field guy in the state. Last year, he was better than his teammate, LaMarcus Coker. True Coker was injured and only played in 5 games, but Brown is his equal. As a matter of fact, Preston is a better between-the-tackles runner than Coker is. Give Preston Brown his due, I know the college recruiters do!!