Best 5A runningback

BiggieEarl01

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preston Brown is the best RB in the state, bar none. Gaston Miller and Gullmire are tough, tough backs, but isn't every RB that plays for Oak Ridge or Riverdale productive? Preston can run through you, around you, and may be the most dangerous open field guy in the state. Last year, he was better than his teammate, LaMarcus Coker. True Coker was injured and only played in 5 games, but Brown is his equal. As a matter of fact, Preston is a better between-the-tackles runner than Coker is. Give Preston Brown his due, I know the college recruiters do!!

825646319[/snapback]

Iunderstand tht brown has been offered a schoalrship to play at UT...has he made his verbal commitment???

Gaston Miller and Gullmire are tough, tough backs, but isn't every RB that plays for Oak Ridge or Riverdale productive?

Good point. It seems like every year those two teams finds someone to replace the one that just left.

This subject is so subjective. Their are a lot of things that factor into it besides the skill of the individual player. Strenght of opponent, stength of O-Line, field conditions, type of offense, number of big plays etc.

I can say that both are impressive and are deserving of consideration. The one thing you probably could say about all the good backs is that if you put them into the other ones shoes, they could still get the job done.

Johnson from Campbell Co. is going to be a Senior, not a Junior. I don't really know how all you people are leaving him off the list, I'm sure it's because you probably think last year was a fluke, but be ready for CC to be back in the playoffs again this year. Johnson squats 450, bench 300, PC 280, sub 4.5 40...as of right now. I look for Johnson to go over 2000 yards next year and be a serious player for All-State and lead the team to the playoffs, and hopefully win some games...something we couldnt do last year.

Johnson from Campbell Co. is going to be a Senior, not a Junior.  I don't really know how all you people are leaving him off the list, I'm sure it's because you probably think last year was a fluke, but be ready for CC to be back in the playoffs again this year.  Johnson squats 450, bench 300, PC 280, sub 4.5 40...as of right now.  I look for Johnson to go over 2000 yards next year and be a serious player for All-State and lead the team to the playoffs, and hopefully win some games...something we couldnt do last year.

825648022[/snapback]

Johnson isn`t getting much attention for one reason, he plays at CC. Johnson is a heck of RB, but until CC makes some real noise in the 5A scene he won`t be noticed. As good as Johnson is, 2000yds is a real stretch. As far as CC as a whole, I think this year is their best chance to do real damage. I predict them to finish 2nd in region 1, behind DB of course.

Johnson isn`t getting much attention for one reason, he plays at CC. Johnson is a heck of RB, but until CC makes some real noise in the 5A scene he won`t be noticed. As good as Johnson is, 2000yds is a real stretch. As far as CC as a whole, I think this year is their best chance to do real damage. I predict them to finish 2nd in region 1, behind DB of course.

825648383[/snapback]

Wow, I can't believe JC4life said that about CC. I can't believe anyone would even let that thought enter their minds..haha...But it's good that Campbell County is getting attention because after the season we had last year, we should get attention. And as a Cougar alumni now, I will be at every game cheering them on as they all did for us. Good luck to the cougars and I expect them to do better than they did last year. Offense should be better than last year. I can't wait till spring practice.

Wow, I can't believe JC4life said that about CC. I can't believe anyone would even let that thought enter their minds..haha...But it's good that Campbell County is getting attention because after the season we had last year, we should get attention. And as a Cougar alumni now, I will be at every game cheering them on as they all did for us. Good luck to the cougars and I expect them to do better than they did last year. Offense should be better than last year. I can't wait till spring practice.

825648812[/snapback]

The conditions are right for CC to make a run at the top of region 1. CC has maybe the best team they`ve ever had, DB has lost a lot and is reloading, Jefferson Co has lost A TON and is rebuilding, no one ever knows about Sevier Co anymore, or S.Hill for that matter. As a whole region 1 will down like never before, its been a long time since so many of the traditonal power teams have been down like this, at the same time.