Best 5A runningback

BiggieEarl01

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we had Marty Euverard at OHS we didn't tear him to pieces, slice and dice his every move on the T likeyou have. Like your WHOLE town has. We supported him and cherished him. But wait......... You didn't make the playoffs either.........and last yr was the first time in YRS that we didn't go.

825644348[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if its coincidence that Jefferson Co's record greatly declined when Euverard took over. Seing how you Oakland fans think Euverard is a football god, you can have him back for all I care. Going 6-4 and missing the playoffs may be acceptable to Oakland but its not at Jefferson Co. BTW, Euverard was supported from the moment he got here, but he has yet to prove himself enough to be cherished. Its hard to cherished someone who drives away players which leads to bad records.

It seems to me that you're making the scrimmage sound like it was nothing because your boys didn't do so well in it.....and it was more that just a pre-season scrimmage because it was the old head coach vs the new one......and next time when you're talking about the best backs in 5-a football don't include a back that doesn't want to work scrimmage or game.

825644349[/snapback]

Obviously this scrimmage ment A LOT more to Oakland than it did to Jefferson Co. No one but Oakland fans care that it was old coach vs new coach, it was nothing more than a spring scrimmage. You guys want to have a party about it, go ahead. If it makes you feel all warm inside thinking you have the greatest defense known to man, good for you. Let's try this, at the end of the season lets see who has the better year, the Oakland defense or Shiverdecker.

September 23, 2005 Oak Ridge at Jefferson County. I know Gulmire is great, finally get to see Shiverdecker.

I hope Shiverdecker has some help. With the number of carries he had last year, he must have a big bulls-eye on his jersey. With Oak Ridge's diversity and number of weapons, you can't key on Gulmire.

825644422[/snapback]

The biggest question going into this fall is who will step up and help Shiverdecker out on offense. I fully expect to see Jeff Co face 9 man fronts from the 1st game of the season, forcing someone else to make plays. I`m hoping and praying that we learn from last year and pass the ball against 9 man fronts. All we need is enough of a passing threat to keep teams from stacking the line of scrimmage.

I really wish we had put OR on our schedule before this, but it is good to see it will finally happen. This was an automatic playoff game back in day, nice to see the old rivaries renewed, last two years it was Rhea Co. Wish we could get some of the other top programs to meet.

I really wish we had put OR on our schedule before this, but it is good to see it will finally happen. This was an automatic playoff game back in day, nice to see the old rivaries renewed, last two years it was Rhea Co. Wish we could get some of the other top programs to meet.

JC4LIFE

DAWG I HATE TO REMIND U OF THIS, BUT US OAK RIDGE WILDCATS PUT A WHUPPING ON YA'LL BACK WHEN JEFF JENNINGS AND SCOOTER HOUSTON WERE PLAYING AT JC. THEY WERE NO MATCH FOR GULMIRE AND CB (CORY BOOKER).

Edited by BiggieEarl01

Imagine an OR boy pickin gullmire first.  Shriverdecker would eat his lunch...

825645028[/snapback]

now im not denying that shiverdecker is a great runningback because he is, but he didnt have that many more yards than gulmire last year and spencer did it on half the carries shiverdecker got.

The biggest question going into this fall is who will step up and help Shiverdecker out on offense. I fully expect to see Jeff Co face 9 man fronts from the 1st game of the season, forcing someone else to make plays. I`m hoping and praying that we learn from last year and pass the ball against 9 man fronts. All we need is enough of a passing threat to keep teams from stacking the line of scrimmage.

825645072[/snapback]

I was an independent and totally unbiased observer at the "scrimmage of the year". :)

Three things:

1. The scrimmage was very, very close. Had there been a clock, officials, cheerleaders, and marching bands, it would have been a nail-biter that was decided late in the 4th quarter.

2. From what I could tell, there will be no help for Shiverdecker. JC was absolutely no threat to pass. It was scary bad.

3. Spring scrimmages can be affected a lot by who is not there because they are playing other sports.

I understand JC went on to win their next scrimmage against somebody?

If Coach U decides to be as bullheaded as he was last year (i.e. running off players and refusing to pass--even when we faced 9 in the box--JC will face another year of mediocre ball and the run the danger of not making the playoffs again (when is the last time that JC missed the playoffs 2 straight years?) I would love to see Chris get a little bit of help to open up his running lanes (not that he needs a whole lot to work with). If Coach U doesnt mix it up a little this year, dont be suprised if people start asking for a change in Dumplin Valley.