Best 5A runningback

BiggieEarl01

I just want to say something. In my opinion, Chris Johnson from Campbell County is a better runningback when he is is the open field. If Campbell County had an Oak Ridge line. He would be better. Not saying CC doesn't have a good line because they do. They have a dang good one. But I guarantee if you were to watch these two play and then compare, you would think differently. They were the same way in middle school. And I know that that was a long time ago but they both progressed the same. And honestly, your gonna hear a lot about Chris Johnson, no matter what. Ohh and another thing, Campbell County will be in the playoffs again probly close to the top if things go the way they are now. I guess we'll see when spring practice rolls around..I can't wait....GO COUGARS

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge will have, starting his 4th season Spencer Gulmire. Spencer is only the second freshman to step on the field and play varsity football in school history. WOW. The first  freshman ever allowed on Oak Ridge's varsity: Corey Booker==2 years before Gulmire.

Spencer will, pound for pound, be the toughest back in the state this year.

825649253[/snapback]

I would have 2 say Pound for pound Gaston Miller is the best back

Guest ALPAT
If Coach U decides to be as bullheaded as he was last year (i.e. running off players and refusing to pass--even when we faced 9 in the box--JC will face another year of mediocre ball and the run the danger of not making the playoffs again (when is the last time that JC missed the playoffs 2 straight years?)  I would love to see Chris get a little bit of help to open up his running lanes (not that he needs a whole lot to work with).  If Coach U doesnt mix it up a little this year, dont be suprised if people start asking for a change in Dumplin Valley.

825645142[/snapback]

I have never posted on this site. Probably never will again. I find it interesting at times to read what people are saying about high school athletes who come together tp play various sports. As someone who has had the opportunity to be around Coach U, just let me say that he is striving to teach the boys so much more than football. Yes, he desires to win just like anyone, but he sees the big picture. To be successful in life or at anything for that matter, it requires discipline and teamwork! That is what Coach U brings to JCHS football, and he is a role model for so many guys who may not have that in their lives. As a JCHS alumnus, I hope that the community will give this coach a chance because it's about so much more than the game. As for running players off, maybe you don't know all the details as to why some players choose not to play. One player made the comment that not playing just because you don't like the coach is a copout! If you love the game you'll play for anybody. Thanks for your support of JCHS athletics, JC4Life and HeathHelton. Just keep this in mind when you feel negativity towards this coach.

Edited by ALPAT

I have never posted on this site. Probably never will again. I find it interesting at times to read what people are saying about high school athletes who come together tp play various sports. As someone who has had  the opportunity to be around Coach U, just let me say that he is striving to teach the boys so much more than football. Yes, he desires to win just like anyone, but he sees the big picture. To be successful in life or at anything for that matter, it requires discipline and teamwork! That is what Coach U brings to JCHS football, and he is a role model for so many guys who may not have that in their lives. As a JCHS alumnus, I hope that the community will give this coach a chance because it's about so much more than the game.  As for running players off, maybe you don't know all the details as to why some players choose not to play. One player made the comment that not playing just because you don't like the coach is a copout! If you love the game you'll play for anybody. Thanks for your support of JCHS athletics, JC4Life and HeathHelton.  Just keep this in mind when you feel negativity towards this coach.

825655960[/snapback]

I would highly suggest that you talk to some of the seniors from last year, in fact talk to any of them. There were players who were treated terrible last year, making a player sit outside the the locker room door in full pads for 3 hours while the team practices IS WRONG! There were over 30 kids who quit between spring practice and the final game of the season, and a lot more who wanted to. A player transfered to a rival school for the sole reason of the coaches, the player who was suppose to be our starting RB last transfered at the begining of the season because of the coach U, and there is a good player who will do the same this year before the fall. You will be surprise at who does NOT suit up for the Patriots this fall, and these are good kids who have never quit anything in their lives. I want the Patriot program to succeed, running kids off won`t do that. It is more than football, I can deal with losing games, losing players is a different matter.