Best High School Rivalry Game You Witnessed

mobry

I grew up in Tampa, Fl and went to Plant City High. Best rivalry game I saw was when Plant City made a 4th quarter 16 pt. comback against Lakeland, who was ranked #4 in the state at the time. Its a VERY rare thing to see Plant City defeat Lakeland. What about you guys?

Edited by mobry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Tampa, Fl and went to Plant City High.  Best rivalry game I saw was when Plant City made a 4th quarter 16 pt. comback against Lakeland, who was ranked #4 in the state at the time.  Its a VERY rare thing to see Plant City defeat Lakeland.  What about you guys?

825644711[/snapback]

the best rivalry game in west tenn has to be milan /huntingdon year in and year out it dont matter they put on a show

My experience comes from Florida as well. Sarasota and Riverview met up this year in the region finals (our quarterfinals) and man was it nuts! The gates opened at 5, two hours prior to kickoff, and people were RUNNING to get seats. I'm not talking a couple dozen, I'm talking HUNDREDS of people were RUNNING to get seats... including a certain father-son pair from Franklin, Tennessee. The game sadly ended up being a blowout, but the atmosphere that night was like none I had experienced before.

In Tennessee, the best I've been to was Franklin-Brentwood in the quarterfinals of the playoffs in 2002. I can't say enough about that night. It was just amazing.

1998 a game between the RIVERDALE WARRIORS AND oakland patriots it was played at mtsu feild and the stands were packed i bet at least 20000 people was there. RIVERDALE won the game but oakland scored on a late TD pass that meant nothing for the score to be close but...it gave oakland enough confidence that they could beat us and they did in the quarterfinals of the playoffs and they went on to win state BOTH games were great games with an atmosphere that i can not type to explain

1998 a game between the RIVERDALE WARRIORS AND oakland patriots it was played at mtsu feild and the stands were packed i bet at least 20000 people was there. RIVERDALE won the game but oakland scored on a late TD pass that meant nothing for the score to be close but...it gave oakland enough confidence that they could beat us and they did in the quarterfinals of the playoffs and they went on to win state BOTH games were great games with an atmosphere that i can not type to explain

825645648[/snapback]

Here Here. Kinda makes you wish that it was just Oakland and Riverdale again, As a Oakland fan, that 98 win over Riverdale was like being born again. Words cannot describe how it felt to beat Riverdale for the first time in a decade. Oakland-Riverdale will never see the 20,000+ crowds again, but it is my hope that it returns to the same atmosphere that it had in the late 90's-early 00's, just unbelieveable. The 2000 Battle of the Boro wasnt too bad either thumb

Here Here. Kinda makes you wish that it was just Oakland and Riverdale again, As a Oakland fan, that 98 win over Riverdale was like being born again. Words cannot describe how it felt to beat Riverdale for the first time in a decade. Oakland-Riverdale will never see the 20,000+ crowds again, but it is my hope that it returns to the same atmosphere that it had in the late 90's-early 00's, just unbelieveable. The 2000 Battle of the Boro wasnt too bad either thumb

825645653[/snapback]

that 2000 year wasnt so fun for me we just wasnt with it that night and i had to leave for work at halftime everything we did oakland did it better that night turned out to be a good thing we did make it to the state championship game that year and lost to red bank and they flat out put it on us in the snow

this years game against franklin was pretty good also franklin brought A LOT of people there and they was exciteted in the early going germantown was pretty good too

and you are right i do miss those big time games with oakland but i do enjoy the packed house at RIVERDALE