why wont Maryville play OR

BiggieEarl01

Maryville seems to be one of the most dominate teams in recent years. I know this as we have scrimmaged them several times in the last couple of years. I was wondering why Maryville won't play Oak Ridge during the regular season. I think that maryville is afraid to get beat by the "Wildcat Nation" thus blemishing their annual undefeated state title run.

admit it maryville:

YOU ARE SCARED OF THE WILDCATS IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

Edited by BiggieEarl01

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville seems to be one of the most dominate teams in recent years. I know this as we have scrimmaged them several times in the last couple of years. I was wondering why Maryville won't play Oak Ridge during the regular season. I think that maryville is afraid to get beat by the "Wildcat Nation" thus blemishing their annual undefeated state title run.

admit it maryville:

825645109[/snapback]

Couldn't have saild it better myself! They don't go after the big boys. Why don't they go knocking on Oak Ridge's, Riverdale's or Smynra's door? hmm?

They'll get dominated thats why thumb thumb

Your first loss will come soon enough at Alcoa

Put your money on it!

admit it maryville:

825645109[/snapback]

First off I'm not a Maryville Rebel nor am I from Blount Co. so my reply is not in the heat of defending "my team". buttttttttt........

This is one of the most childish and obviously high schoolish oriented posts I've read since the boards closed in December. (you get this stuff with the freebies)

The Rebels are 4A and have a full slate with region play and the intercounty rivalries that are seemingly very important in Blount Co. This years Maryville/Alcoa game is shaping up to be THE premier game in the state as regular season nonconference games go. It just doesn't make sense to play a 5A school just to satisfy the curiosity of a few adult fans or satisfy some high schooler who wants a little pay back if he got his butt kicked in a pre-season scrimmage and is jealous of their post season championship vs a 2nd or 3rd round knock-out of his team. :):(:)

Edited by possumcop

Let's see they scrimmage OR and DB every year, play Acoa, WB, and up until this year Mo West.

Thats good enough for me

I would like to see them play some of the other powers in East Tenn, but their schedule doesn`t allow it. You realize Maryville would have to drop someone to add OR or DB right?

The Maryville people don't need me to defend them, but re-regioning has made it tougher for any of the 3-4A teams to add another non-region opponent. Region 3-4A grew by a team when Carter dropped out, but South-Doyle and Lenior City came in. That means that there are now 8 teams in the region, meaning 7 region games and only 3 non-region openings. In Maryville's case, since they play the other three Bount County high schools every year, there just isn't room on the schedule for an Oak Ridge or D-B.

Since 2001 Maryville has played Morristown West which is a top rated 4a school. That game is gone now because of the number of district teams that they play which is 7. Add Heritage, William Blount and Alcoa and you have a 10 week schedule. Maryville plays Oak Ridge almost ever year in a pre-season scrimmage and last year the Maryville JV and Freshmen played Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge during the regular season. I am not going to boast about the score but both buses from Maryville went home happy. Oak Ridge has a great Football team and will always be good but playing Maryville in regular season won't happen. So Biggie Earl, If that makes us afraid to play you, then I guess you win. Put the results in your press guide and you can talk about for years.