Blackman High

2priceless

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Coach Wells. It is always great to hire from within. It makes the transitions a lot smoother, which will be the case here. My only question is this: Why would Blackman go thru what they did in the hiring/interview process for so long to make a hire from within. Do not get me wrong, I'm sure thay made the right choice, but why go thru that? I ask this question without ever having a dog in this hunt. Just curious. They went thru an offseason and a spring practice without a head coach. Why? Good Luck to Coach Wells and Blackman High. <_<

Congratulations Coach Wells.  It is always great to hire from within.  It makes the transitions a lot smoother, which will be the case here.  My only question is this:  Why would Blackman go thru what they did in the hiring/interview process for so long to make a hire from within.  Do not get me wrong, I'm sure thay made the right choice, but why go thru that?  I ask this question without ever having a dog in this hunt.  Just curious.  They went thru an offseason and a spring practice without a head coach.  Why?  Good Luck to Coach Wells and Blackman High.  <_<

825681184[/snapback]

There were several other coaches who applied, and probably would have gotten the job, but they pulled out because of certain circumstances. I know why Crawford and Perry pulled out.

Well, if their place kicker graduated it must mean they are gonna be shut out by R'dale this year. :ph34r:

Maybe the others 'pulled out' so they would NOT have to play R'dale. :P

825681593[/snapback]

Too bad LOD. He's got 2 more years of kicking.

Crawford hadn't applied in the first place. Then he had dinner with a good friend of his and his son; they talked about the job and he applied the next day. But word leaked out and got back to his kids a Brentwood so that's one of the main reasons he pulled out of the job.

Too bad LOD.  He's got 2 more years of kicking. 

Crawford hadn't applied in the first place.  Then he had dinner with a good friend of his and his son; they talked about the job and he applied the next day.  But word leaked out and got back to his kids a Brentwood so that's one of the main reasons he pulled out of the job.

825681604[/snapback]

Good! Because the young man has talent! I enjoyed watching him kick. Folks had better watch out because he really can kick and much farther than he got the chance to last year. He may be the difference in winning and losing some games if he is given the chance.

I would really liked to have seen Crawford back in Rutherford County where he belongs, but I am sure Coach Wells will give it his best.

Good Luck Coach Wells!