EGG on HIS FACE!

blue5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe some of you are forgetting in the NFL world of salary caps that a player such as the Tant young man may fill a need........ At a cost that is affordable to certain teams. Play special teams, catch a ball or two out of the backfield, lay a block or two...... Plus, in the sophiscated offences some of the NFL teams run, they need people with INTELLIGENCE WHO CAN REMEMBER THEIR ASSIGNMENTS.

There are many athletes that are better..... but can they get the job done, and not just physically, but mentally also. NFL team rosters are full of "problem children" such as Randy Moss, who is the best receiver there is, but no longer "valuable" to the Vikings.

No, the Tant young man may just give the Chargers the type of player they need, at a cost they can afford.........

Also, some of you highly intelligent posters on this thread that don't think he has a chance, there were only 5 FB drafted, which tells me that a free agent FB has a REAL OPPORTUNITY to make a roster. Look no farther than our own Titans......

Pretty obvious that many of you are clueless what teams look for in a draft, what positions they will draft, what positions are filled routinely thru the free agent system.....

Edited by dandy82

Guest catfish-hunter

Tant had less than 40 yds when he played Marshall co.

Are you talking about the game when Matthew was a junior and Harpeth beat Marshall Co. OR are you talking about Matthew's senior season when Marshall Co. beat Harpeth in Kingston Springs???

My point was that when Tant was playing at Harpeth he was the best player on what was easily one of the Top Ten Class 2A teams in the state from 1997-2000. He played three years in the SEC, which is the best conference in America. He will be recieving a diploma from Vandy very soon and he will have the opportunity to play professionally for a team that was in the playoffs and won their division last year. I might be wrong here, but that doesn't sound like a failure to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Tant had less than 40 yds when he played Marshall co.

825661078[/snapback]

Are you talking about the game when Matthew was a junior and Harpeth beat Marshall Co. OR are you talking about Matthew's senior season when Marshall Co. beat Harpeth in Kingston Springs???

My point was that when Tant was playing at Harpeth he was the best player on what was easily one of the Top Ten Class 2A teams in the state from 1997-2000. He played three years in the SEC, which is the best conference in America. He will be recieving a diploma from Vandy very soon and he will have the opportunity to play professionally for a team that was in the playoffs and won their division last year. I might be wrong here, but that doesn't sound like a failure to me.

825661297[/snapback]

Sounds like there are some jealous people out there, eh? Isn't that aboot right?

<_< Well, I was sceptical about Matthew coming out until I found out that he was about to graduate. Why hate on a guy because he's gone further with his football career than you have. If the football thing doesn't work out, he has a college degree from a prestigious university to fall back on. Give the guy a break.

Honestly, I wish the guy the best. Read my quote. Bear Bryant says it better than anybody. Does he already have a degree from Vandy? I thought he hadn't graduated yet. Either way, if he doesn't make it in the NFL, he can always go back to Vandy to finish his degree, or if he already has it, he can use it. Whatever happens, he will be making more money than most of us, and enjoy doing it.

Honestly, I think bringing up high school stats is totally useless when judging if a player will make an NFL roster. And also, remember he's not going to have great stats in college because he was a fullback, his main job was to block, to truely grade his performance you would need to view film of his blocking. I realize the odds are heavily stacked against him making the roster in San Diego, but I wish him luck, and if it doesn't work out this year he can maybe catch on a practice squad or think about Arena League, and if all else fails he has his degree.

I believe some of you are forgetting in the NFL world of salary caps that a player such as the Tant young man may fill a need........ At a cost that is affordable to certain teams. Play special teams, catch a ball or two out of the backfield, lay a block or two...... Plus, in the sophiscated offences some of the NFL teams run, they need people with INTELLIGENCE WHO CAN REMEMBER THEIR ASSIGNMENTS.

No, the Tant young man may just give the Chargers the type of player they need, at a cost they can afford.........

Also, some of you highly intelligent posters on this thread that don't think he has a chance, there were only 5 FB drafted, which tells me that a free agent FB has a REAL OPPORTUNITY to make a roster. Look no farther than our own Titans......

Pretty obvious that many of you are clueless what teams look for in a draft, what positions they will draft, what positions are filled routinely thru the free agent system.....

825661033[/snapback]

I seem to remember the Dallas Cowgirls signed a S from Tennessee who's main claim to fame was that Hershel Walker walked over him enroute to a TD. I thought it was a joke that Dallas signed this guy . . . a few years later the NFL made a special position for a special team player in the Pro Bowl. Bill Bates redefined special teams and intense play in the NFL. ALthough I've hated the Cowboys ever since Drew Pearson committed an uncalled pass interference on the infamous Hail Mary pass in 1975 denying my Vikings another possible Super Bowl trip, Bates made them tolerable. He was a fierce competitor who gave it his all on every play. Not the most athletic or talented, but I would want a guy like that on my team any day. If the Vandy kid has anything of Bates' intensity, it would not surprise me to see him playing in September. If not, a Vandy degree, unlike their football team, is nothing to laugh at . . .