rollredroll

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from yappi.com, the Ohio high school board. This post was on a thread "Good games for Week 1".

"I think the more intriguing matchup in Columbus will be this Murfreesboro (TN) Riverdale game against Worthington Kilbourne. Riverdale is supposed to be a big-time program from Tennessee."

Their boards are very lively all year long.

Kilbourne was a semi-finalist last fall but it seems that most people in Ohio consider that an anomaly. Still, there are some that consider them a dark horse candidate to make a run at the state title. They return a lot of players from last year's team.

Riverdale will do just fine. To say that people from Tennessee could not name 4 teams from Ohio is probably not true. We all remember the great teams of Moeller and Coach Jerry Faust. The Cincinnati Catholic League is still very good and most of the teams in that league could finish in the top 10 of D1-5A.

Riverdale will do just fine.  To say that people from Tennessee could not name 4 teams from Ohio is probably not true.  We all remember the great teams of Moeller and Coach Jerry Faust.  The Cincinnati Catholic League is still very good and most of the teams in that league could finish in the top 10 of D1-5A.

825690503[/snapback]

I know three

Moeller

Elder

St Xavier

That's about it. How many does anyone else know?

I know three

Moeller

Elder 

St Xavier 

That's about it.  How many does anyone else know?

825690538[/snapback]

Upper Arlington, Dublin Scioto, St. X, Moeller, Worthington Kilbourne, Thomas Worthington, St. Ignatious, and Elder all have very strong programs. Upper Arlington is an area like Mountain Brook, AL or Belle Meade or Brentwood with one huge affluent public high school. They have great athletics all the way around.

Some friendly smack talk from the Mississippi board...

Once South Panola is through with Germantown's football team (which will happen pretty quickly), they'll burn down the town and eat the citizens. Olive Branch will be a GREAT one, though.
ok, defiently won't vote Germantown. They are a good team, but not enough size nor the speed to take out S.P. Olive Branch, on the other hand, good be a team to beat them. But like i've said in other posts, its whos got the most heart.
Only two on this poll have a shot...Clarksdale and OB. Clarksdale b/c it is an intense rivalry...should be a good game. OB is loaded for bear this year. They could be the ones to do it.

Carver......nope typical Memphis city school.

Germantown.....nope not enough horses.

Moss Point....nope same as Gtown.

Horn Lake....nope are you serious?????????

I don't think Germantown will be a problem. Not sure what Moss Point

will have so I don't know about them. The biggest competition will come

from their district games. Starkville, Tupelo and Columbus should all

be tough. Not sure what's coming out of DeSoto county this year. Clarksdale is always tough, even when they're down, and I don't think they're going to be down this year. Could be real interesting.

Hopefully Gtown can earn a little respect come fall.

Some friendly smack talk from the Mississippi board...

Only two on this poll have a shot...Clarksdale and OB. Clarksdale b/c it is an intense rivalry...should be a good game. OB is loaded for bear this year. They could be the ones to do it.

Carver......nope typical Memphis city school.

Germantown.....nope not enough horses.

Moss Point....nope same as Gtown.

Horn Lake....nope are you serious?????????

I don't think Germantown will be a problem. Not sure what Moss Point

will have so I don't know about them. The biggest competition will come

from their district games. Starkville, Tupelo and Columbus should all

be tough. Not sure what's coming out of DeSoto county this year. Clarksdale is always tough, even when they're down, and I don't think they're going to be down this year. Could be real interesting.

Hopefully Gtown can earn a little respect come fall.

825690693[/snapback]

They are talking almost as funny as they are in Ohio about R'dale.

Hopefully BOTH Tn teams will put a very high scoring whipping on them to shut them up! thumb

I think Germantown will be fine, BigSneaky. While I certainly do not profess to be a Mississippi football expert, I think some of SP's losses to graduation, particularly QB Derek Pegues, will be tougher to replace than they think. I'm sure they still will be good, but certainly not invincible.

Edited by rollredroll

I believe South Panola finished the 2004 season ranked # 9 in the country, a very impressive feat.  However, I think the Gtown boys are going to work even harder this summer in order to end SP High School's 32 game winning streak (given the SP team wins the first two games of the season).

825690955[/snapback]

According to the final 2004 USA Today Poll, they finished 7th. Good luck to Germantown and all TN teams facing out of state opponents thumb