• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, win players don't do there jobs the coaches job is to get on them. there job is not to talk pillowtalk with them until they decide hey i want to grow up be a man and pitch like i know how.

dewon was dominate in college/minors and now he is the majors he is a big ol' baby. granted, sweet lou probably has to be awful sometimes, but if dewon doesn't like it he has the opportunity to come home and work in a facotry/grocery store/etc, like anyone else. he needs to quit whining and do what they say.

in my opinion, until you win 6 cy youngs (maybe 7, i lost count)like Clemens, you keep you mouth shut and you fall in line. players like Dewon are what is probably wrong with the Devil Rays anyway. Players saying, this team is terrible and your telling me i have to go down.

News Flash to Dewon, you are one of the reasons the team is terrible. You can't throw a strike and when you do, it is headed the other way going 110 mph. Go to the minors and shut up.

1-7 record with 6.43 ERA and can't throw a strike and lacks confidence. Probably is putting alot of pressure on himself to have a good outing considering his performance so far.

He belongs in the minors right now. He has not done anything to give him the right to buck the organization.

He should shut up, go to Durham and go to work to get better.

I know Dewon and if doesn't want to go the minors that is his business not y'alls, he is getting paid to do his job and i'm sure he is not losing games on purpose! Last year he had a simliar start and turned his season around, all of you weekend softballers stay off his back, you don't know crap!

GREAT EXAMPLE BEING SHOWN HERE!!!

PLAYER THAT KNOWS MORE THAN THE COACH!!!

WHAT IF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE REFUSES TO GO IN WHEN THE COACH TELLS HIM TO? OR MAYBE HE DECIDES TO SWING AWAY WHEN THE COACH TELLS HIM TO BUNT?

OR MAYBE DEWON NEEDS TO ACT LIKE A REAL MAN AND DO HIS JOB AS INSTRUCTED BY HIS BOSS?

IF YOU OR I DID THIS WE WOULD BE FIRED!!!

SO MY ADVICE IS: DO AS YOU ARE TOLD OR GET YOUR BUTT BACK TO TULLAHOMA AND WORK FOR REC. DEPARTMENT

I know Dewon and if doesn't want to go the minors that is his business not y'alls, he is getting paid to do his job and i'm sure he is not losing games on purpose! Last year he had a simliar start and turned his season around, all of you weekend softballers stay off his back, you don't know crap!

825675391[/snapback]

You are right, it is his business and he can do as he chooses. But walking away from $1.1 million because he doesn't want to go to AAA is not the brightest thing I have heard.

I heard a guy intervewed last week on 104.5 here in Nashville who got sent down because of the team needing a pitcher. I can't remember who is was, but he has a completely different attitude about it. He was going to take advantage of the opportunity to improve his hitting and knew that it would benefit him more in the long run.

And I would be willing to bet this weekend warrior (not weekend softballer) knows a whole lot more about the game of baseball than you do. And I know enough to know that he needs about a month or so in the minors to fix some minor issues and get his confidence back up. He pitched in one of the best college baseball games I have ever watched in 2001 in Knoxville, and I know he is a talent. I just hope his ego doesn't get in the way of his development.

I get a kick out of some high school kid saying that some of the posters don't know what they are talking about when it comes to:

-commitment

-professionalism

-work expectations in the Real World

Particularly when some can't string coherent sentences together.

Trust me on this; Brazelton, whether or not I or anyone else know him, needs to report to AAA-not hide from his employers, his agent, his family or team.

He is not making his situation any easier by running away. If he continues to refuse, he will blow this opportunity.

He is not ready for prime time and it is showing more each day.

SOMEBODY needs to get on his back and give him a wake-up call.

this is just my opinion and we all know what those are worth; i talked to dewon some before the season started nd i think he needs to eat his pride and report he will be a lot better player in the end for it - the team obviously has confidence in him he was the number one pitcher at the start of the season he just need to gain that same confidence in himself