Oldest and Longest Running Rivalries

THSVikings2004

WH also has a 23 consecutive victories over Greenbriar.... :D

825689144[/snapback]

:D Hey, just cause you got a few well, a lot of wins don't give you the right to spell GreenbriEr wrong, just teasing LOL!!

And I thought it was only 21, you pulling my leg with 23?

And like I said on another post, we will get you someday, you just watch :P

Edited by getthatqb

since MBA beat Ryan twice in '98 the game hasnt been nearly as heated with MBA even handily defeating the Irish 55-12 in the '99 game at Dudley Field. Maybe the new Ryan coach can restore some pride in the program and help Ryan become a player in the rivalry.

For the past 9 years ('95-'04) the MBA/BA game has been the best rivalry in the state. With numerous games having state championship implications.

Kingsport(D-:lol: Johnson City(Science Hill) and Bristol (Tennessee High) have been playing about 80 games or more.  Not sure of the exact numbers but since the 30's and 40's.

825707955[/snapback]

Records

Science Hill vs. DB (25-51-5)

Science Hill vs. TN High (35-47-4)

Science Hill vs. Elizabethton (43-33-5)

Not sure about the others though.

It's to bad it will not get to continue. They will play for the next two years and that's it. Lenoir City decided not to play Loudon anymore in any sport after this year. They have to play in football because the schedule was already made when this was decided. This is not only a huge rivalry being cut, but a financially ignorant mistake on LC's part.

825688903[/snapback]

The ending of this rivalry had to do with one person's ego overshadowing all of the tradition and hard fought games...AD Mike Sims. Money or not, he thinks he is bigger than any tradition, and I can not believe someone with the integrity of Superintendant Wayne Miller would let this happen. Football will continue for one more year, and the rest of the sports are never to play eachother again. Sims will not even allow a scrimmage between any LC and Loudon teams. How does this man still have a job?