3. Dobyns-Bennett

4. Germantown

5. Brentwood

6. Franklin

7. Ootewah

8. Gallatin

9. Lincoln County

10. Ravenwood

While all the usual names seem to be in there each year, welcome to newcomer Ravenwood. Once again, if you want to know the toughest region in 5A (are you listening HLHS?) it is again region 6 with Brentwood, Franklin, and Ravenwood in the top 10.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy Fair's Picks for Class 5A Top 10

1. Riverdale

2. Oak Ridge

3. Dobyns-Bennett

4. Germantown

5. Brentwood

6. Franklin

7. Ootewah

8. Gallatin

9. Lincoln County

10. Ravenwood

While all the usual names seem to be in there each year, welcome to newcomer Ravenwood.  Once again, if you want to know the toughest region in 5A (are you listening HLHS?) it is again region 6 with Brentwood, Franklin, and Ravenwood in the top 10.

825708574[/snapback]

Looking forward to Oakland's scrimmage with Brentwood. Great way to start of the scrimmage schedule and should provide a good measuring stick for what both teams need to work on ( I hope )

Edited by OaklandGrad

Murphy Fair's Picks for Class 5A Top 10

1. Riverdale

2. Oak Ridge

3. Dobyns-Bennett

4. Germantown

5. Brentwood

6. Franklin

7. Ootewah

8. Gallatin

9. Lincoln County

10. Ravenwood

While all the usual names seem to be in there each year, welcome to newcomer Ravenwood.  Once again, if you want to know the toughest region in 5A (are you listening HLHS?) it is again region 6 with Brentwood, Franklin, and Ravenwood in the top 10.

825708574[/snapback]

That is the coaches poll.

Murphy's is this:

1. Germantown

2. Oak Ridge

3. Ooltewah

4. Ravenwood

5. Riverdale

Also i might as well say it because you know someone will. Preseason polls don't mean anything.

Edited by CardinalCat

That's an alphabetical list of teams he thinks will be strong.

825709262[/snapback]

Has to be :lol:. This poll (not the coaches poll, that seems pretty accurate to me) has just lost all credibility to me that it could ever have. Now, i could see where he would have Riverdale ranked #5 in the nation, but DEFINATELY not #5 in the state :lol:

Edited by 802 Warrior

Bruins strength going into camp is defense, just as it has been the last few years since Crawford came. Offense is coming along-this will be the first year in many that the offense has stayed the same from year to year-but needs to get more experienced playmakers. Kicking game should be the best in the region.