Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

I know that I'm going to sound stupid but what exactly did Warren do that is preventing him from playing this week vs. Maryville?

825722603[/snapback]

A player from Hopkinsville choked him and Brandon slapped his hands away and the ref took it as a punch. There was "home cooking" the whole game. The refs didn't even throw out the one who choked him.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe, for an added attraction, that at halftime of the game there should be an alumni wrestling match pitting Steve Bledsoe and Todd Upton versus Mike Casteel and Brett Coulter.  Best two out of three falls, with the winning team getting to shave the losing teams heads.  I think if word of this event got out, the gate would increase at least two-fold.

825722690[/snapback]

You could hold the wrestling match on Saturday night and fill the stands again -even with WB playing across town. I'd pay to see it.

Well it's time again and if BW plays then I will be able to sleep better this week, but if he doesn't play it will be that much harder to beat the Rebs!!! The bottom line is that with Brandon on the field I see the Tornadoes winning by 10! If he sits then we may win by 1,2, or 3!! I just hope the appeal goes through and that both teams play with their best players on the field! This game will be a classic similiar to 2000!! Good luck to both teams on Friday!! thumb

I believe, for an added attraction, that at halftime of the game there should be an alumni wrestling match pitting Steve Bledsoe and Todd Upton versus Mike Casteel and Brett Coulter.  Best two out of three falls, with the winning team getting to shave the losing teams heads.  I think if word of this event got out, the gate would increase at least two-fold.

825722690[/snapback]

If I could get Steve Bledsoe alone into a 10x10x10 room i'd pay $5000 cash on site.

*edit, by the way has anyone ACTUALLY seen the tape of last week's game that the Alcoa AD will be submitting to TSSAA? I'm curious to hear someone's opinion about how convincing the replay is.

Edited by p9morbid

From what Daily Times and News Sentinel said when asking Coach Reid about the incident from their tapes you couldn't really see the incident.  So for the replay I wouldn't think it would matter much if its not really visible.

825723026[/snapback]

so is Alcoa going to appeal? I know everyone from Alcoa is hopeful, but without compelling evidence what exactly are they going to use as their defense? There is absolutely no way TSSAA is just going to take their word for it. They're going to have to have some kind of really convincing video or an appeal is ridiculous.

The factors in this game are multiple and diverse.

I do agree this is Alcoa’s best chance to beat Maryville in many years but I think if Maryville comes to play it will be very close. The team that loses the turn-over war, should be the loser in a game as big as this. I wouldn’t want to be a zebra in this game. BW being out has got to hurt Alcoa, because of what he could bring to the game and I don’t buy into the replacements will be as effective as BW. I think Lindsey and C S will be getting some yards but if anyone thinks they will run wild on this Rebel defense underestimates the effectiveness of this squad. I am not sure who all the starters will be for Maryville yet as some key injury factors still exist and this hurts any team.

This is what I think will happen, Maryville will have a big advantage in special teams which mean field position. Maryville’s “D” will maintain that field position enough to allow GQ to mix things up and score some points. He will out coach Reid in the red zone. When Alcoa scores Maryville will have to match the score and force the game to be close by the middle of the 4th Qtr. If Maryville gets the lead in the 4th Qtr I think Maryville will win it. Maryville has always be able to come back on all foes, Alcoa has never displayed to ability play well behind in points, late and under pressure in any game I can remember and this game is packed with pressure. It will be a good one.

Maryville 19 Alcoa 13

If the administration has not thought about bring in some extra seating, they should cause it will be packed with fans.

Edited by FBEmeritus