To Sequatchie Co.

fatchance

I got a question for the Indians YOu guys played Temple and SP and had to cover both Skogan and Robinson, so, whose better. I know that temple aint that good, and SP is really good, (sorry you gusy couldn't pull it out, me an the guys were pulling for you). I aint much for Temple, but I did think that the Skogan kid was pretty good even in double coverage, but you guys played them both, and had to cover them both, so you would be in a better place to say. So what do you think? You fans jump in here to if you got to see them both.

I am going to give you the straight scoop, I know this won't be popular in our politically correct overly sensitive culture, all I ask is that you look at it with open mind.

Robinson is better because the hype says he is better. I am not taking anything away from him, he is an athlete. However, I have watched for years as players are hyped by the media and others, and he has the advantage over the Skogen kid, because of hype and because he is on a good team. Let's look at the vitals:

Height and Weight: Robinson 6'5" 205

Skogen 6'4" 215

Speed: I don't know the exacts, but this seems to be a wash, they are about the same. I know that Antonio did not run well this summer at some camps, but he is obviously "fast enough".

Robinson will get all the awards, all the attention, all the press. His numbers will be half of what Skogen's will be if both stay healthy. That is important because Skogen will face double coverage every game and teams cannot afford to double Robinson becasue SP runs the ball so well and has other receivers to compliment him. Whose better? I don't know and we will never know, because the "hype" will go one way.

I am going to give you the straight scoop, I know this won't be popular in our politically correct overly sensitive culture, all I ask is that you look at it with open mind.

Robinson is better because the hype says he is better. I am not taking anything away from him, he is an athlete.  However, I have watched for years as players are hyped by the media and others, and he has the advantage over the Skogen kid, because of hype and because he is on a good team.  Let's look at the vitals:

Height and Weight: Robinson 6'5" 205

Skogen 6'4" 215

Speed: I don't know the exacts, but this seems to be a wash, they are about the same.  I know that Antonio did not run well this summer at some camps, but he is obviously "fast enough".

Robinson will get all the awards, all the attention, all the press.  His numbers will be half of what Skogen's will be if both stay healthy.  That is important because Skogen will face double coverage every game and teams cannot afford to double Robinson becasue SP runs the ball so well and has other receivers to compliment him.  Whose better?  I don't know and we will never know, because the "hype" will go one way.

825738474[/snapback]

You are probably right about skogens numbers being greater than robinsons at the end of the season....... they better be!!!! tenn. temple throws the ball about 30 - 35 or more times a game(probably 15 of those to skogan). SP may trow the ball 10 times a game. just a slight advantage for the Temple receiver.

Edited by LittleJimmy

You are probably right about skogens numbers being greater than robinsons at the end of the season.......  they better be!!!!  tenn. temple throws the ball about 30 - 35 or more times a game(probably 15 of those to skogan).  SP may trow the ball 10 times a game.  just a slight advantage for the Temple receiver.

825738695[/snapback]

A couple of things: First, it is true Temple throws more, averaging about 30 a game right now, and losing. SP I think threw 16 the other night.

Second, SP and Temple play 7 common opponents, so the schedules are pretty close to the same. (Six region games and Sequatchie Co.) Third, I think it is true that Seth has and will continue to draw doubles whereas people can't afford to do that with Antonio because there are so many good players on that team. I see that as advantage to Seth, IF, he continues to play like he has. Fourth, Antonio is a senior and has that advantage as well as being a great athlete. It is arguable that they are the two best in the area. Fifth, because of SP's success, Antonio will get the publicity, for better or for worse that is just the way the world turns. If you want pub, you have to win.

I hope they both do great, I love to see Single A players excel...it ignites all kinds of fun discussion on coach T!

I would probably have to say Temple's Skogen!  He never did give up and tried and tried to make plays.  Robinson on the other hand wasn't that big of a factor in this game and really didn't impress me that much.  He got very tired with cramps and really didn't try if the play wasn't a pass.  So I will have to go with Temple on this one!

825739001[/snapback]

When you can run the ball up the middle with your full back and gain 6 yards a carry , why pass? :thumb:

Different players. I see Skogen as a tight end or H-back in college, if he's 215 now he will probably be at least 235 after another year in high school and some college weight and nutrition training. Robinson is good too, if I had to make a choice I'd pick Skogen since he has another year to get better before getting out of high school.

Different players. I see Skogen as a tight end or H-back in college, if he's 215 now he will probably be at least 235 after another year in high school and some college weight and nutrition training. Robinson is good too, if I had to make a choice I'd pick Skogen since he has another year to get better before getting out of high school.

825739134[/snapback]

Good point, and I think Antonio will be a tight end in college also. Just how tough is he though? I see his dad and relatives at the games and when college weights and trainers get him, he will beef up.

Lets look at the stats from there games against Sequatchie Co. I think the Indians for the most part used the same defense & defensive backs to cover both players.

Seth Skogen = 7 catches - 152 yards - 1 td. (56 yard touchdown)

A. Robinson = 4 catches - 63 yards.

Not much diffrence if you take away the long touchdown. I also agree with several of you that they may both end up being tight ends at the next level. Robinson has a chance to be a wideout I think at a place like Chattanooga or another 1-AA school or smaller.