Franklin vs Father Ryan

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I sure if you speak to Lussier he will downplay this win as just another necessary step in getting Ryan back on track. You can rest assured he is in his office this morning with his staff preparing for next week. A great coach and Ryan was lucky to get him. Go Irish!

Ole Dad

Huge, huge win for the Irish. Congrats to the players, fans and coaches. Coach Lussier sure is making a statement in the Nashville area.

825745314[/snapback]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game was incredible..... those boys needed the win so bad..not just for them..but to finally get the student body at the school to believe... they won it with heart.... and what father ryan football is all about... its been way too long

and as for saying the playing field wasn't level.... wow..the Father Ryan players you saw out there tonight... they were not recruited... and if the playing fields are level..then shouldnt facilities be made level too?... i'd like to compare the Irish's weight room to Franklin's..... Father Ryan's weight room is as big as my kitchen...Franklin has their own stadium.... Father Ryan has a "soccer field"

Thanks guys on such a great game.. i said before that anything could happen.. just like last year at CBHS... but this was no 1 point victory on a game winning field goal... you beat it down their throats and made the big plays... congratulations

IRISH PRIDE

That game was incredible..... those boys needed the win so bad..not just for them..but to finally get the student body at the school to believe... they won it with heart.... and what father ryan football is all about... its been way too long

and as for saying the playing field wasn't level.... wow..the Father Ryan players you saw out there tonight... they were not recruited... and if the playing fields are level..then shouldnt facilities be made level too?... i'd like to compare the Irish's weight room to Franklin's..... Father Ryan's weight room is as big as my kitchen...Franklin has their own stadium.... Father Ryan has a "soccer field"

Thanks guys on such a great game.. i said before that anything could happen.. just like last year at CBHS... but this was no 1 point victory on a game winning field goal... you beat it down their throats and made the big plays... congratulations

IRISH PRIDE

825745544[/snapback]

True to the last word. Father Ryan has no facilities to use. Here is what I observed from the game:

Ryan Blair plays a better quarterback than Cory Stewart. This gives Cory plenty of time to rest on offense, so he make big plays on defense OR he can play wide reciever, which he did very succesfully last year. With Ryan Blair at quarterback, we will have a better backfield and better wide recievers with CS#2 playing WR.

The linemen did very well. 176 rushing from Micheal Hausman, 4 sacks. This was a game fought in the trenches, but the success came from beyond it. All points scored were rushed.

I think we might have lacked in the passing game. This is why we need Cory Stewart at Wide Reciever. If we wanna to win, we gotta have a passing game.

I guess you think all the posters on here from last week has serious mental issues for thinking that the 2004 2nd place 5A team was going to thump Ryan? I won't give a guess on which of those teams you mentioned Ryan will beat, but I will bet you they beat at least one of them this year and ALL of them in a couple of years. Stand by, and you will either become a believer or you can open a Crow restaurant soon. Ryan has one of the best, if not the best, most qualified, educated, intelligent, hard working, dedicated coaches in Tennessee football. He took a team from a school of 1,500 students and played schools of 3,000 to 4,000 students and won 65 games in 6 seasons. He will do the same here. Bank on it!

Ole Dad

You have serious mental issues if you think Father Ryan is going to beat BA, MBA, or MUS.

825745517[/snapback]

Edited by Ole Dad

I guess you think all the posters on here from last week has serious mental issues for thinking that the 2004 2nd place 5A team was going to thump Ryan? I won't give a guess on which of those teams you mentioned Ryan will beat, but I will bet you they beat at least one of them this year and ALL of them in a couple of years. Stand by, and you will either become a believer or you can open a Crow restaurant soon. Ryan has one of the best, if not the best, most qualified, educated, intelligent, hard working, dedicated coaches in Tennessee football. He took a team from a school of 1,500 students and played schools of 3,000 to 4,000 students and won 65 games in 6 seasons.  He will do the same here. Bank on it!

Ole Dad

825745593[/snapback]

Good point.

They're going to have to beat one of those Elite 8 teams in order to make the playoffs this year. Based on last night, they have a realistic chance.

If the Irish play well and beat both Briarcrest and Centennial the next two weeks, and assuming they can beat BGA, that gives them four wins, with one more needed to qualify. Either MBA, BA, Baylor or McCallie. I sure wouldn't count them out.

Well, it's back now to the Region Wars-I know you'll have our back next week against the Raptors.

825745370[/snapback]

YUP! Though of course, I'm a bit more concerned with us just beating Independence... but yes, go Bruins!

I wish I could say it was "The Old Crown" in the middle of the old field, but I think it may be a little more of the "The Old Crown" the new coach is wearing on his head!

825745381[/snapback]

Exactly what I was afraid you'd say...

I think I know Coach Tim Johnson about as well as most people, and the one thing that every person that knows him would tell you is "He won't be out worked." To his credit while Head Coach at Franklin he put in 14-15 hour days non stop for three years. Many practices went 4+ hours and never once did I hear a parent or player complain. In doing so he took a team that was 5-5 for the past four years and made them 35-7 over the next three years.

Rather than being rewarded for his efforts, administration chose to deny his requests and when others came knocking,  he listened. It took me awhile ...but good for him! You see when you put forth that kind of effort it is suppose to be rewarded. He taught FHS football that if you work hard, harder than anyone else, good things happen.

Our new coach when he first met with the parents, explained that practices would only be two hours, there would be no practice on Thursdays, there would be no summer camp and his latest is there will be no banquet. I left the first quarter back club meeting in March and have not been back to one since. Many parents have asked me if I was mad at someone ... The answer ..... I saw disaster written on the wall and now we are seeing it rear its ugly head!

There is no magical offense that replaces hard work, no polished resume that can teach a player how to block, no past success that allows you to rest. Without hard work and discipline you have nothing.

Let me say it again, without hard work and discipline you have nothing. And fans that is exactly what is going on in Franktown!!

Does anyone know if Legends has any tee times Thursday afternoon?

825745040[/snapback]

I didn't see this last night... wow. BDD is one to speak his mind, but he's normally speaking right! I'll just say I'm real disappointed...

Is it coaching that lost the game against Father Ryan? I honestly don't know, I wasn't there. I'm hearing all of thise blame against the coach, but then I hear that it was Father Ryan's front defensive 7 that did the work.

Franklin needs to pick it back up against Independence. They have to close the deal early and not let the Eagles stay in the game. If Franklin lets them stay close, we could see another upset.