preseason state tournament picks

timbdp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are speaking my kind of language now. Have you heard what Liberty did this summer to the competition. They beat White Station by 30 count em 30 points and destroted their competition. They only lost one game to Union City and Brandon Evans or Jewuan Long weren't there. I can't wait for the Liberty and Bolivar match-ups this year. Did Bolivar get any transfers this year? Liberty got Bijon Jones from Chester Co./Lighthouse Christian and Brandon Ware who just moved back from Memphis.

I think just about everyone beats White Station in summer league...I know Riverdale did last year as well as a few other teams that you wouldnt expect to beat them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been around Humboldt basketball team some this fall and alot this summer cause one of my buddies is a coach over there and them dropping to 1A is gonna be tough on teams who only graduate 15 a year. Humboldt went to the Final 8 of State in AA last year and beat Liberty 2 out of 3 times. They also got a 6'6 transfer suiting up for them this yr.

Humboldt is playin defending state champs Middleton in a Hall of Fame game this yr I do believe. So we will get an early idea. :thumb:

hey tha kids from lake county graduate bout 40 a year but what does that have to do with ball playin? they beat tha trenton team with doaks and partee 3 times two 6'8" twin towers so what will one 6'6" kid do to them. plus they return all 5 starters and their bench. even union city will beat humboldt

you can just about bank on seeing Bolivar and Liberty there in AA along with the winner of another classic Haywood/Mitchell matchup in substate...its a shame that both teams cant go to state, both of them have the talent to win it all but only 1 will make it.

those are my preseason top 4 in AA....

1. Bolivar-2 straight titles with a 3rd on the way

2. Mitchell

3. Haywood

4. Liberty

Hamilton will be there in AAA....they are my pick to win state this year.

Union City, Middleton, and Lake County may very well be the 3 best class A teams in the state. i like Middleton to win it all again this year....defending champs and they are the best until someone proves otherwise.

I'm from Lake Co and I agree with you about Lake Co,Union City,and Middleton..But we played Middle College about 4 times last year and they have most of their players back and they will definitely be in the mix...And probably Humbolt..I saw them play Trentom last year in the Christmas tournament and they were really good also..They may have lost a few players off that team but I'm not sure so I don't really know about them..Halls has three starters back and a great shooter and playmaker in Strayhorn and Richmond...But,I will agree..based on what I do know..that Union City,Lake Co,Middle College and Middleton will be among the best in the State..