DB vs Jefferson County Part II

bud

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB 35

JC 10

Pats play well but lose bigger than they played. Too much tradition for DB and I'd hate to play DB and coach Clark anytime after they got their butts handed to them by Oak Ridge. The Indians will be out to prove that the program is in good shape and what better way than by picking on a young JC team. DB fans better enjoy it this year and next because I think the tradition will change drastically the few years after that. 2007 starts a streak for JCHS over DB! Mark these words!

Edited by hsfbinsider10

No wonder the Patriot numbers are down so much....

The only interest you will have to drum up is on the Jeff Co side, becuase DB will bring more fans for the 1hr road trip than Jeff County will have setting on the home side.. scoot over and make room for some Indians, the Visitors stands won't hold 'em all.

I sure am glad I'm and Indian and get to deal with Bud, WaCo, Skunk and the like.

One prediciton... DB's Offense hits big numbers this week.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

DB 35

JC  10

Pats play well but lose bigger than they played.  Too much tradition for DB and I'd hate to play DB and coach Clark anytime after they got their butts handed to them by Oak Ridge.  The Indians will be out to prove that the program is in good shape and what better way than by picking on a young JC team.  DB fans better enjoy it this year and next because I think the tradition will change drastically the few years after that. 2007 starts a streak for JCHS over DB!  Mark these words!

825751373[/snapback]

I did not hear about the game where DB got their Butts handed to them. I heard about the game where Oak Ridge did not have a secured victory over DB until the final moment of the fourth quarter. The high powered Oak Ridge offense only scored twice and they were both in the second half with one coming in the last 2 minutes. Final score was 20-3 Oak Ridge.

Was it not Jeff County that secured a victory over East in the final moments? Sounds similar to the DB/Oak Ridge game. Funny how your words got twisted.

DB 35

JC  10

Pats play well but lose bigger than they played.  Too much tradition for DB and I'd hate to play DB and coach Clark anytime after they got their butts handed to them by Oak Ridge.  The Indians will be out to prove that the program is in good shape and what better way than by picking on a young JC team.  DB fans better enjoy it this year and next because I think the tradition will change drastically the few years after that. 2007 starts a streak for JCHS over DB!  Mark these words!

825751373[/snapback]

The Indians might beat your Pats so bad next year, they'll jump out of the Big East and join another conference.

Ok disregard that last post ;) but anyway, about the upcoming game this Friday, both teams are, for the most part, fairly young which will be a factor in deciding the victor of the game. Although DB's defense gave up a few points against Oak Ridge last week, don't expect the same performance this week. DB's defense is going to be tougher and a lot more physical against a young offense like Jeff Co. As for DB's offense, they are led by a young QB who in time will shape up to be an outstanding leader for this DB team. Expect great plays from both teams as I'm sure there will be, but this will be more of a defensive game if any so don't expect too much. Good luck to both teams Friday and lets hope that there aren't any injuries as well. DB's defense puts on a great performance Friday night and their offense will do what they need to do. DB comes away with the win Friday night.

DB - 24

J.C. - 10

Roll Tribe

"They call me...."

I did. South is a tough team that would beat probably more than half of the temas in Region 1 5A. The DB QB was put out for 6 weeks on the 4th play of the game. DB put in the backup QB at Death Valley (South) and he got the job done and hardly had an practice at QB. DB fumbled on South's 1 and DB overthrew a wide open pass TD so DB could have had two more TD's. I would not be trying to downplay South at all because they could beat Jeff Co. By the way, Karns beat Morristown East worse than Jeff Co. East is not a very good 4A team and Southis the real deal, that is the difference, if you don't believe me, go see for yourself.

Edited by bud

The key point in the 7-6 victory for the Indians over South is that is was a victory...

The D-B vs. Jefferson County is always an interesting game, great history with both programs and true fans for both teams...The point made previously that both teams are young (at least experience wise) is a key to the season for both teams and that could very well mean that this one will be decided by execution and will...who wants it the most and who carries out the gameplan most effectively...and then again, there is the kicking game - kicks, punts and the return of both...D-B won the kicking game in their first three games (great kicks and returns) and won...lost the kicking game against the 'Cats and lost...how has Jeff County been in the kicking game? (do I understand that they had a kickoff return for a touchdown?...if that is the case, who was the player on the return?)...It is a conference game for both teams, there will be a good crowd, I'll even bet there will be a bunch of folks that don't even know that coachT exists and show up without knowing about all of the stuff written on here...

Anyway, good luck and good health to all those involved...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

I'm not arguing the fact that DB will probably win Bud. And fact is I am pretty impartial when it comes to the game. However, if you want to play the "who beat who by more" game, then a sorry 4A Knox West team beat Knox Bearden by 21. So does that mean a sorry 4A Knox West team would beat DB? I would give you a rundown of the missed scoring opportunities Jeff Co had against East but I'm sure it would fall on deaf ears amongst the close minded.

Close minded? I think not. Maybe take your own advice. Do you have knowledge of the Bearden Vs West game? Did not think so. Go read about it. Bearden would probably win more times than not. They had more turnovers than you can count. Also, most people I know that saw the East vs Jeff Co game say that East had more opportunities and that the refs stole the game from East. So spin it any way you want. Don't care to argue with you. Anyway DB vs Jeff Co should be a game that is won one way or the other by less than 10 points. DB does not have their usual explosive offense, but the defense could be above average as well as the kicking game. Jeff Co will be up for this game and they are playing at home.

Edited by bud