Maryville vs William Blount

WBGradFan

Congratulations to William Blount on a big win. Maryville's defense will have a big challenge this week. WB has a very fast backfield. Brad Walker and Ronald Osbourne are threats to score on every play. It looks to me that Lucas Wall has improved 100% over last year. Scotty Rhodes is a good receiver. Hamilton Borden and the Walker brothers have played well on defense. This will not be an easy game.

I feel like Maryville will slow down William Blount enough though. I think William Blounts defense won't stop Maryville's running game. I predict the score to be 35-21 with Maryville winning.

825754855[/snapback]

Our last loss was to Mo West in 03. FBE, I know George and Harry provide u with a better database than that.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know about everbody else but imo i think the defense would be a lot better if maryville would put jon lawhon and tanner caylor at the outside backers and move matt to the middle.....what does everybody else think about that

825755958[/snapback]

Well, I disagree. Caylor has proven he belongs in the middle, night and day faster than Valentine. Lawhon still does not look 100%. So let the coaches put them where they fit in best. Hard to argue with the results so far. Oh by the way Maryville by 17 to 21 if Burnett gets the greater share of the snaps.

Facts: Alcoa dominated Sevier County in the Jamboree. Maryville dominated Alcoa in week one. WBHS gave up 25 unanswered points to Sevier County and lost. Use that info as you wish.

Opinions: WBHS has improved and beat a good Ooltewah team. Maryville beat a very good Alcoa team and a very good Powell team. Meadows has 1 gold ball and Quarles has 4 gold balls. The team with the most balls will win this week. Maryville by 10 in a good game.

Our last loss was to Mo West in 03.  FBE, I know George and Harry provide u with a better database than that.

825756000[/snapback]

Sir: If you read my post I said "The last time Maryville got BEAT was vs. Heritage in 2000" I think it was. I used the word BEAT! The MorWest loss was by a field Goal, in overtime and in a situation where the home team was allowed by the TSSAA to manipulate the game time. That was a loss not a beating. Heritage hung 28 points on Our Rebs that night. No other team in the past 7 years has defeated Maryville by more than 7 points I think.

Also I am not who you think I am and I will choose to stay anonymous. Thanks for the info your bring to the board.

Another point is Why Are We, or some second guessing the Coaching staff where the 10-12 kids who are rotating in with the starters are getting the job done in a big way. Has everyone been watching the same Defense I've been watching?

Edited by FBEmeritus

I am glad I won't have to pay to park, cause I'm cheap.  But if I was running the school I would charge to park so I could pump more cash into the program and school!

The last time Maryville got BEAT was vs. Heritage in 2000 I think it was, no one from Maryville left the stands as I remember it.  Yes Maryville has lost a few, but the Heritage game was a beating. 

Maryville fans like the players will hang in there till the last horn and Maryville has plenty of motivation to come in a beat the Gov's yet again!.

825755121[/snapback]

why charge for parking the schools charge for everything else plus they make pretty good money on the games

Well!  The kids have only given up an average of ten points per contest and over half have been when the game is in hand.

I'll go on record and say Maryville won't let WB have more than 10 when the game is still in question.  What say you?

825756087[/snapback]

FBE,

Reading your posts ... I'm not even sure why we're going to play the game Friday night. There's confidence ... then, there is arrogance. Trust me, we'll remember what you've "gone on record" with. I don't expect Maryville to "let" us have anything.

It actually sounds more like someone from Maryville is attributing statements to the WB players.  Coach Meadows and his staff won't let their players come out and act like the Alcoa kids did before the game.  WB understands the magnitude of the task of even trying to stay in the game with Maryville.  The Govs will be up against great coaches, great players, great history ... heck, WB has only won against Maryville like three times in 26 years.  It would be nice if we can keep it interesting enough to keep the fans there for four quarters.  We'll see.

825754668[/snapback]

remember Meadows coached Alcoa before. Because of that, he knows what it takes to beat maryville.

Sir: If you read my post I said "The last time Maryville got BEAT was vs. Heritage in 2000" I think it was. I used the word BEAT! The MorWest loss was by a field Goal, in overtime and in a situation where the home team was allowed by the TSSAA to manipulate the game time. That was a loss not a beating. Heritage hung 28 points on Our Rebs that night. No other team in the past 7 years has defeated Maryville by more than 7 points I think.

Also I am not who you think I am and I will choose to stay anonymous. Thanks for the info your bring to the board.

Another point is Why Are We, or some second guessing the Coaching staff where the 10-12 kids who are rotating in with the starters are getting the job done in a big way. Has everyone been watching the same Defense I've been watching?

825756040[/snapback]

wow, making excuses. a loss is a loss. too much is made of the margin of victory. i expect maryville to win but they are not unbeatable. they had better play well b/c wb will give them a scare if they don't.

we all know that riverdale would wipe the field with maryville in 5A. ooltewah is still a contender in 5A and if wb beat a contender in 5A then they obviously have a team to be reckoned with.

you beat maryville by execution; not speed, talent or creativity. when you execute well against them, the speed and talent take care of themselves. but, maryville wins b/c they execute better than the other teams (i.e. coaching).

murville--28

blount-- 17

wow, making excuses.  a loss is a loss.  too much is made of the margin of victory.  i expect maryville to win but they are not unbeatable.  they had better play well b/c wb will give them a scare if they don't.

we all know that riverdale would wipe the field with maryville in 5A.  ooltewah is still a contender in 5A and if wb beat a contender in 5A then they obviously have a team to be reckoned with. 

you beat maryville by execution; not speed, talent or creativity.  when you execute well against them, the speed and talent take care of themselves.  but, maryville wins b/c they execute better than the other teams (i.e. coaching).

murville--28

blount-- 17

825756213[/snapback]

Not making excuses but many of you out there keep saying how Maryville has less talent then everyone else. Well Maryville has be beating teams year end and year out with this silliness of not having better talent. This argument that many try to post on here does not hold water and is a bunch of hog wash. Maryville is as talented, if not more talented than any of their opponents. Check the trophy case, sport! How about that winning record? How many kids have been or are now at the next level in college? How many could be if they pursued it? Coaching is important but being coach able is huge as well. The kids at Maryville will also outwork most of their opponents. Sure Riverdale might be better, bigger, and faster but make no mistake Maryville would not lay down for them or anyone else. This year I think Oak Ridge is better than Riverdale, and should get a chance to prove it. Maryville only scrimmaged Oak Ridge and the Rebels handled them OK. A game is different sure but Maryville would hold its own and Oak Ridge would know they were in a game as I know ORidge would bring it as well.

Let's see what the Webster’s definitions of Talent is; A characteristic feature, aptitude, or disposition of a person, the natural endowments of a person, a special often creative or artistic aptitude general intelligence or mental power : a person of talent or a group of persons of talent in a field or activity.

In closing, I'll take Maryville's ability to play football as team and you can keep your talent. Think what GQ could do with your team’s talent, after all your not using it!

Maryville will beat WB again this year; See ya at the bar-b-que!!!